Using the clientside mods OptiFine and VoxelMap on 1.13.2 servers

Discussion in 'Guides & Tips' started by TawnyFrogmouth, Dec 6, 2018.

1. TawnyFrogmouth

TawnyFrogmouth Well-Known Member
    Emperor

TawnyFrogmouth
    Linked
    Two of the four regular servers now run server version 1.13.2, and playing on them requires a matching client version. Since Forge and LiteLoader haven't yet updated to 1.13, most client mods aren't usable yet on those servers.

Two key mods, however, can already be used with 1.13.2 clients: OptiFine and VoxelMap. This is a short guide to installing these mods.

VoxelMap
    Previous versions of VoxelMap required the mod system LiteLoader, but the current beta build for 1.13.2 instead uses Rift, a new, lightweight modding API/library/modloader. The latest official build supports 1.13 but not 1.13.2, but a fork of the project created by Chocohead does support 1.13.2. To install VoxelMap with Rift:
    1. Open the Minecraft Launcher and run a 1.13.2 version of the client.
    2. Close Minecraft.
    3. Download and install Chocohead's Rift fork for 1.13.2.
    4. Download the newest build of VoxelMap for 1.13.2 and save the .jar file in your minecraft/mods folder.
    5. Reopen the Minecraft launcher, and run the new version created in step 3, named {X}-rift-1.0.4-SNAPSHOT, where {X} is the name of the version run in step 1.
    OptiFine
    If you have already installed Chocohead's Rift fork for 1.13.2 using steps 1-3 of the previous instructions:
    1. Download OptiFine 1.13.2 HD U E4 and save the .jar file in your minecraft/mods folder.
    Alternatively, as with previous versions of the mod, OptiFine can be installed without a modloader as follows:
    1. Open the Minecraft Launcher and run a 1.13.2 version of the client.
    2. Close Minecraft.
    3. Download and then install OptiFine 1.13.2 HD U E4
    4. Reopen your Minecraft Launcher, and run the new version created by the previous step, named {X}-OptiFine_HD_U_E4, where {X} is the name of the version run in step 1.

Madeyemann, Relu, Collector_ and 6 others like this.
  2. aredninja16

aredninja16 Staff
    Staff Member Helper

aredninja16
    Linked
    Thanks Tawns!

TawnyFrogmouth likes this.
  3. Relu

Relu New Member

[​IMG]
    I got this error when I tried to use Rift.

4. aredninja16

aredninja16 Staff
    Staff Member Helper

aredninja16
    Linked
    I had some sort of crash issue, I forget what the message was, what I did was rename the mods folder to mods1 and made a new folder named mods, then moved over the two mod files. It launched after that for me