Toll booth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cody, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Cody

Cody New Member

Is there a way we can write a script that allows someone to put a command on a door that acts like a toll booth? meaning you pay a certain fee and you're able to pass a door?

Edit: I generalized it so that there is room for discussion so others could give their feedback on how to make it better if the suggestion peaks staff's interest.

2. Mog

Mog New Member

and after you are inside you do /sethome ? and then tp your friend in too ?

3. Cody

Cody New Member

Trespassing is against the rules if I'm not mistaken, so if you're caught, you're in trouble.

Edit: Maybe could make a command where if a place does have that kind of door, the area you're entering has protections that make it to where you MUST pay to get inside, if not, you're teleported out.

4. Tanzel6

Tanzel6 New Member

The idea is good... I can think of many different situations where this could be useful! I do know that this can easily be abused though. I'm not sure of a good way to prevent people from setting homes and tp'ing into the area. Protections might not work in this situation...

Madeyemann and DrTyttex like this.
  5. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Staff
    Staff Member Mod Content Team

I agree with tanzel. Making such a protection will require a lot of work due to the many waysfor it being abused. Trespassing is against the rules but it'd be pain to enforce it in the scale you describe which means contant supervision by staff and the player himself. At this point I ask myself if thats a necessary feature, or ehat is the extra income we get or it. Ive seen players making such rooms manually, but Im not sure that making a plugin for that and expanding it for such scale is a good idea.

Madeyemann and Tanzel6 like this.