The bountiful update!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Naskel, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel

[​IMG]
    Hello everyone
    The Christmas and New Years cleaning is behind us and today we are bringing you a great update with a ton of new features! Both completely new mechanics and also some long awaiting job perks!

Player Banks
    As a new feature, we have added player banks. They're very similar to town banks, allowing players to deposit and withdraw money. The key difference between player and town banks is that player banks are completely individual to each player.
    Player banks allows you to safely store your money in other to avoid overspending. For example this can be used for your market shops so you don't end up losing all your money if your shop have some very favorable trades.
    In order to use the bank, simply use /bank deposit and /bank withdraw
    Your bank balance can be seen along with your regular balance if you type /bal
    [​IMG]
    Your total balance which include both your bank and regular balance is also shown on /baltop

Jobs Perks
    This has been long time coming but we have finally developed a balanced set of perks to some of the jobs that are missing perks.
    Digger
    - New lvl 25 perk for Digger. Added a chance of dropping common dust from digging.
    - New lvl 50 perk for Digger. Added a chance of dropping Exquisite dust from digging.
    - New lvl 75 perk for Digger. Added a chance of dropping Castian dust from digging.
    - New lvl 75 perk for Digger. Added a chance of dropping wither skulls from digging.
    - New lvl 75 perk for Digger. Added a chance of dropping Ghast tears from digging.

Lumberjack
    - New lvl 25 perk for Lumberjack. Increased chance of dropping apples when breaking leaves.
    - New lvl 50 perk for Lumberjack. Added chance of dropping golden apples when breaking leaves.
    We still haven't found an ideal level 75 lumberjack perk but I can assure you it's something of high priority for us to add. If you have any good ideas, please submit it in Suggestions and we can discuss them there.

Blacksmith
    - New lvl 75 perk for Blackmith. They can now craft unique silktouch and infinity scrolls. Only obtainable through crafting. The recipe requires paper, three castian dust and an enchanted book with silktouch/infinity accordingly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Auctions
    Auctions have received a makeover! Along with a bunch of bug fixing, we have also added some new features. /auc spam is now saved upon logout meaning you don't have toggle it every time you're online. We also added a new functionality that if you have spam disabled from auctions and you bid on the current auction, the filter will temporarily be disabled for the entirety of your current auction so you don't miss a bid.
    You can also use /bid 10k (thousand) or /bid 1m (million) to easily make large bids without having to count all the 0 and accidentally make a mistake.
    Custom item names also display in the auction now. So items like Castian Dust will display as dust in the auction and not gunpowder. Hopefully this will heavily decrease the amount of confusion for new players and lessen the attempts to scam players.
    The auction queue has also been increased from 5 to 7 items.

Along with all these changes we also made a few other small ones which can be seen in the complete update log here.

Happy Mining,
    Naskel

#1 Naskel, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. RedSeb321

RedSeb321 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

RedSeb321
    Linked
  3. PotatoQueenCoco

Staff Member Admin

PotatoQueenCoco
    Linked
    This is amazing!! I love the new job perks. Can't wait to try them out. Also the bank is great, my balance won't be drained anymore hehe

Melon and BlackBriarMead like this.
  4. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Omg silk touch and infinity scrolls :O Finally :D

5. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Well-Known Member

Whats the build in the pic? :O

6. Ofilos

Ofilos Staff
    Staff Member Mod

Ofilos
    Linked
    Thank you! Thank you! I’m excited to try out my new digging perks! I have a reason to get to 75 now!

7. KayebiiKuhn

KayebiiKuhn Well-Known Member
    Emperor

KayebiiKuhn
    Linked
    Same!!!!! Exciting!

8. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    Excited, glad /glow works now

9. Wolfhound1

Wolfhound1 Staff
    Staff Member Admin

Wolfhound1
    Linked
    I'm pretty sure it's frogmouth river

10. puyu

puyu Well-Known Member
    Emperor

puyu
    Linked
    good stuff gj :3

#10 puyu, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  11. Luden

Luden New Member

Excellent to see such brilliant updates coming out in a community that has been so welcoming. However I've noted a couple of things down that I personally find that should be fed back, for prosperity's sake. I'd like to preface this by saying I've been working with game design for over three years now, my experience with system balancing is something I hold to a good standard, so here's my personal opinion on the changes.

Digger is now one of the most under balanced jobs to complement most any other job class and here's why:
    • Digger now holds one of the most possibly lucrative perks at level 75 comparably to other job systems, if it's considered balanced due to low drop rates then that creates the adverse situation of perhaps being one of the most undervalued max level perks out there.
    • The chance to receive boons does not equal the amount of input time to reach level 75, each and every other job class that currently posses' a level 75 perk receives an assured benefit to their job class, fighters get Strength I + Extra hearts, Alchemists receive fire resistance. This means that while these perks aren't possibly quite as profitable, it still seems better than the gamble/luck you'd have to take/have as a Digger.
    • The ability to have a buff to efficiency/haste, or otherwise would have been a much more sensible and permanent benefit to Diggers in the long run, while maintaining the possibility of an insanely low drop chance of Dust, Tears and skulls.
    Lumberjack is unfinished, but that doesn't mean I don't have some suggestions related to the class, I do believe the benefit of dropping golden apples at 50 is a good one, and in some ways is beneficial, but with lacking a level 75 benefit for so long, there is very little incentive to go into Lumberjack. Here's some possible fixes:
    • At level 75, lumberjacks have a chance to receive God Apples from trees they fell, if we're playing into the chances game, this would provide a means for players to begin farming them, while still making dungeons viable and allowing a market for the item should it still exist in Minecrafts database for Castia.
    • Or, adversely offer the same benefit suggested for Diggers, allow some means for the Lumberjack to complete their job faster, with less cost on their time now they're at level 75. I truly believe max level benefits should hold a permanence and not be based off of chance.
    Blacksmith is entirely broken value wise considering at least Classic's current economy. To craft the Level 75 scrolls costs at least $90,000 in our virtual currency which is nothing short of strange. The reasons being holds true to the fact that many of Castia's players young or old have other tools which they use for the Infinity and Silk Touch benefits. The value that Blacksmiths can sell these scrolls for would never match what it would take to create them, unless they happen to be lucky enough to find a very wealthy, very discerning buyer and not every blacksmith can/or will benefit from that equally. Despite putting as much effort in to get to level 75.]

If you want a class that can make enchantments, consider an enchanter class that can add, remove or better make benefits of specific enchantments. This would so widely make more sense than simply tacking on the ability to another job class that could benefit so much more for other things perks. Blacksmiths should be able to do something much more akin to cooks in making higher tier items simply by means of crafting, though in this case I recognise the limitations behind Minecrafts engine.

There are many more issues with other job classes I have but I sought to keep this on topic to the update that has come out today. I'd like to finalise any points made here by saying I both love and appreciate all of the hard work and dedication implemented by the entire staff teams in their determination to make this sever a worthwhile place to enjoy oneself. So far I think you're all doing an amazing job, but I thought I'd throw out my (wall of text) two cents.

12. Eater_of_Soles

Eater_of_Soles New Member

To paraphrase what you just said: "Digger is unbalanced because it is either overpowered or underpowered, but there's no way it's fairly balanced." If you acknowledge it can be either overpowered or underpowered, how can you be so certain that this isn't balanced? Perhaps the frequency of drops is neither too high, nor too low. Do you have data to suggest that the drop rate is unbalanced? I assume not, since you acknowledge the drop rate could be too high or too low. I think you need data to validate this comment, otherwise it just comes across as complaining about change.

Blacksmith is far from broken. It was already a great job, and I appreciate getting an extra perk. Admittedly, this perk won't substantially contribute to lvl 75 Blacksmith income, but I don't think it was intended to. Just because you don't like this extra perk, doesn't make the whole job broken :)

13. Luden

Luden New Member

Just because the data does not exist does not suggest the adverse argument is true. My issue is the lack of a concrete improvement to the class, and that it is only under, or overpowered based on your luck exclusively, which isn't fair for having worked so hard for level 75. While other jobs receive concrete, reusable benefits such as the example cited in the prior post.

Secondly, I implied the perk was broken as it provided no real benefit comparably to Blacksmith as other classes receive, not that the class itself was broken. If we're to admit that a big hurdle in the crucible of Castia is in fact the economy, Blacksmiths should receive a better or more sustainable benefit than this.

14. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    If you think of any, make a suggestion on the suggestion forum! We're always on the lookout for good ideas.
    I personally like the new blacksmith perk.

15. bongo89s

bongo89s New Member

Ill get 75 first belive it

someguy9880 likes this.
  16. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead Well-Known Member

this update looks great, I can't wait to come on to try it :) i love seeing suggestions being implemented, giving the players a voice to change the server for the better then actually following through is a very unique thing to accomplish

17. bunstop

bunstop Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_Bunstop_
    Linked
    YES YES YES we needed banks and the new auction format

18. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked
    Best update in a while! Totally loved it! ♥

19. PyxelatedGaming

Sentinel

PyxelatedGaming
    Linked
    Has it been released yet?? If so... my beautiful effic 8 pick will get silk touch!!!!! *ATTENTION BLACKSMITHS!!!!*

Go_Vegan likes this.
  20. arladk

arladk Active Member

Good job guys!