[Story] A Castian Castaway

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by japanimator, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    For those unfamiliar with this type of story format:
    Type a command beginning with the symbol ">" to continue the story or offer suggestions (think of it as a videogame in which you input commands). Story will continue via commands on a first-come, first-serve basis and badly drawn MS Paint pictures.

    How it works:
    Prompt in the form of a doodle
    Anyone inputs a command starting with ">..."
    I respond accordingly and continue with another drawing.
    (Rinse, repeat)

    ...aka this format.

    A Castian Castaway, a Castian MS Paint Adventure

    Our story begins here...

    upload_2017-12-9_3-21-43.png

    You awaken to find yourself at the base of a mountaintop. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the area is relatively peaceful. Wind blows through the grass around you, bringing the scent of morning to your nostrils. You shake off the remnants of sleep, and spot your leather bag by your side. You rifle through its contents and retrieve a paper with your name...
     

    Attached Files:

    #1 japanimator, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. TheOrangeOrange

    TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2017
    Messages:
    317
    Likes Received:
    218
    >Called reinforcing scroll
     
    Madeyemann likes this.
  3. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_5-26-50.png

    Yeah...you dunno what your parents were thinking. To keep things simple, you normally introduce yourself as "Cal," and pray you never have to go beyond a first-name basis whenever you take on a new job. Speaking of jobs, you're currently unemployed at the moment. You stuff the form into your bag and decide to dig inside it a bit more. You take out...
     
    CapnEvan and Madeyemann like this.
  4. TheOrangeOrange

    TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2017
    Messages:
    317
    Likes Received:
    218
    >A little bottle. Written on the cover is: Castian dust. Deformed sulphur. Use with care.
     
  5. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_12-6-53.png
    Fancy. A green glass stopper keeps the bottle sealed.
     
    CapnEvan likes this.
  6. _Bunstop_

    _Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2017
    Messages:
    493
    Likes Received:
    236
    Bunstop
    Linked
    >You look for ways to open it. Suddenly you spy...
     
  7. UnknownIndex

    UnknownIndex Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2017
    Messages:
    280
    Likes Received:
    211
    Evocious
    Linked
    >A wild Omega, he stalks you and..
     
  8. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_13-21-8.png
    You unscrew the top easily enough.

    upload_2017-12-9_13-22-33.png
    The bottle is now open. You stare at it, unsure what your next move is.

    ((Sorry @iiOmega_ , not that kind of thread :p ))

    Note:
    Edited the instructions. Hopefully it's more clear now.
     
  9. Obsidian__Golem

    Obsidian__Golem Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2016
    Messages:
    155
    Likes Received:
    313
    >You pour it on the ground.
     
    japanimator likes this.
  10. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_15-51-6.png
    Aw yeah, that's the ticket. This must be what the kids call "pouring one out for the homies."

    You replace the stopper and return the now-empty glass bottle to your pack. You sling it over your shoulder and stand up, taking a short moment to pose heroically.

    upload_2017-12-9_15-54-15.png

    Your name is CAL, and you are ready for an adventure!
     
    Obsidian__Golem and CapnEvan like this.
  11. _Bunstop_

    _Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2017
    Messages:
    493
    Likes Received:
    236
    Bunstop
    Linked
    >You start your big trek up the mountain.
     
    Obsidian__Golem likes this.
  12. Finntime352

    Finntime352 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2017
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    21
    >At the top of the mountain there is a village.
     
  13. TheOrangeOrange

    TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2017
    Messages:
    317
    Likes Received:
    218
    >With some mysterious fog covering it
     
  14. CapnEvan

    CapnEvan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Messages:
    572
    Likes Received:
    430
    >CAL gathers some of the fog into the glass bottle.
     
  15. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    You squint at the mountain behind you.
    upload_2017-12-9_21-57-7.png
    upload_2017-12-9_21-58-27.png
    upload_2017-12-9_22-0-48.png

    It doesn't look too bad...
    upload_2017-12-9_22-3-24.png

    upload_2017-12-9_22-5-15.png

    upload_2017-12-9_22-8-0.png
    upload_2017-12-9_22-10-9.png

    upload_2017-12-9_22-13-32.png
    upload_2017-12-9_22-18-59.png

    You triumphantly secure some of the mysterious fog in your green bottle. You adjust the label accordingly, unaware of the shadowy figures in the fog approaching you.
     
    CapnEvan likes this.
  16. Finntime352

    Finntime352 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2017
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    21
    >The shadowy figures talk among themselves and it sounds like a they mentioned a prophecy.
     
  17. CapnEvan

    CapnEvan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2017
    Messages:
    572
    Likes Received:
    430
    >CAL rolls a d20 for combat initiative
     
    Tigergiri likes this.
  18. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_22-36-56.png

    You pick up your satchel on the ground that totally wasn't forgotten in like two pictures earlier and turn to look at the shadowy figures conversing with each other. You hear a lot of "snurrs" and grunts, perhaps something about a prophecy?

    A prophecy's more exciting anyway.
     
    CapnEvan likes this.
  19. japanimator

    japanimator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2017
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    522
    upload_2017-12-9_22-40-12.png
    A d20? Combat initiative? CAL knows not of these things.
     
    CapnEvan likes this.
  20. BlackBriarMead

    BlackBriarMead Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2017
    Messages:
    147
    Likes Received:
    229
    >You find a water breathing helmet on the ground, and put it on. Everything turns into a fog, kind of like squid milk. When you take your helmet off ,the shadowy figures and the fog are gone. You have a feeling they will come back to haunt you though.
     
    #20 BlackBriarMead, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017

Share This Page