Store, Crates, Chat & Demonic Dimension?

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Naskel, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Linked
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone!
    Today we are bringing a truly epic update and an exciting announcement!

Chat
    Our chat have gotten a massive overhaul where we've recoded the entire system. This has given us a number of new features and also prepared for any new additions to the server.
    One of the new features is a fully functional /ignore that works across servers for individual players. You will no longer be able to see their messages and you can use /ignore <name> to undo the action.
    Another feature is the ability to mute any channel or any server. Using /channel you have this menu
    [​IMG]
    This has an overview of all the available channels where you can mute individual channels.
    You can also mute individual servers using /muteserver classic/greek (type again to unmute)
    In essence, this will allow you to mute every single chat channel if you want complete peace when grinding!

Store
    The store, store.castiamc.com has also been given a complete overhaul with a complete customized design and icons just for Castia. Additional to the new design, we have also added a couple of new items to the store which you might enjoy!
    We have completely removed the diabolic items from the store but instead replaced them with two new sets of items. Meridiem and Ardens items. The two sets are similar to Castian items you might find ingame however they also have a new unique enchant, Soulbound.
    The soulbound enchant allows you to keep the item after death, even if you don't have keep inventory. This is a great new enchant to make sure you don't lose your precious item from falling into lava or in the arms of mobs.
    Another new addition is the Legendary Crates which is basically a buffed up version of the treasure crate for those who truly want to gamble.
    • $50.000
    • $75.000
    • $100.000
    • 1 Castian Essence
    • 10 Legendary Essence
    • 32 End Crystals - 32
    • 5 Castian Dust - 5
    • 10% Global Job Booster for 1 Hour
    • 4 Shulker Shells
    • 10 Wither Skulls
    • 200 Mcmmo Credits
    The store now also accepts PaySafeCards and Credit Cards using PayGol! Sadly however, we have had some issues with fraudulent chargebacks resulting in costly fees for Castia. Because of that, we have had to similar processing fees to payments to ensure those costs are covered.
    To celebrate the new store, we have launched a limited sale up to 25% on everything on the store, even crates! The sale lasts until April 30th!

Crates
    Not only did we add a new crate, the legendary crate, we also redid the entire crate system to make sure it runs completely smooth. We have previously had some visual bugs where it didn't consistently show your rewards from the crates. It will now type out your reward in chat every single time so there is no confusion as to what reward you got!
    If you had unredeemed crates on the old system, they are available near the crates area in some temporary crate setup which will be removed in a week or so.

Demonic Dimension?
    There has been rumors about a third server and today I'm extremely happy to announce that we are working on a third towny server! Castia has grown immensely the past year and we will be releasing a third server to make sure Castia can handle all the new players!
    The third server will be based on demonic theme. Terrain will be vanilla and other than that, it will be very close to what you know from Classic and Greek.
    Our current release date for Demonic is Friday 11th so get ready! This is also a chance for new and old players to become the #1 player on a towny server, be that first one to level 75 jobs or have the highest mcmmo levels!

Happy grinding!
    /Naskel

#1 Naskel, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. DevoidMagic

DevoidMagic Well-Known Member
    Legend

DevoidMagic
    Linked
    Ehehehe...

ShadyRaptor and Madeyemann like this.
  3. Ueni

Ueni New Member

This is huge. I'm super excited for a third server :D Great job!

savionchauvin and Naskel like this.
  4. schottler3

schottler3 Active Member

Wow glad to see these changes and improvements. Thanks Naskel.

5. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Well-Known Member

I have to say Im a bit disappointed. The chat update is great, it truely is, but beside that I dont see much point at the other features. In one hand IRL deals were canceled at the last update. On the other hand an extremely op chest is introduced making it pay to win. Im glad the crates are working now, but it honestly took too long. As for the new server, I simply dont swe why. The servers arent full and even if they are its for a very short period of time. I assume that once the server is being released an advertisement will begin, yet I dont see much of a need for a new server right now. When greek was founded, the server was blasting with players to the point they couldnt join. It isnt the situation here, and I think this server is unnecessary and only meant to attract new players. A new server will create a pile of new bugs, while the old ones still have bugs to be fixed. I feel like there's a need to take care of the current issues before expanding. I think the old players deserve it, instead of just looking for new players to join. All the issues that have been fixed here took a very long time to deal with. In my opinion, the high management should reconsider their priorities.

6. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Greek is already lonely :/ Most of the times when I'm on, we'd only have 10-30 peeps on there.
    Chat stuff is great, and new castians are always great for me :D
    However I have to expand my collection, and find out to get the old diabolic items lol.

Also, the new donor-items are P2W. You can get a pick like a damascus pickaxe for cheap. It will definitely devalue all pickaxes worth, and I think the Damascus Pickaxe value will drop up to 1 million less then before.

#6 GJR_2003, Apr 24, 2018
  7. coolerjam

coolerjam Member

Why would you open the 3rd server?
    Instead of that,why not make the current 2 servers run smoother? So that hunters can have more mobs to kill,people who love sightseeing can watch the views far better than current 5 chunks? limit
    pffff

8. XTen

XTen Well-Known Member

I think if you look at the player count difference between Classic and Greek currently, and then try and extrapolate that with a third server, then I don't think it's gonna look good, especially if it's like the current situation where there's minimal content difference between the two servers. Also, I'm not sure how at this point staff can claim that crates are not pay to win with the addition of these Legendary Crates; their contents seem to be of a huge advantage to those who purchase them.

#8 XTen, Apr 24, 2018
  9. RedSeb321

RedSeb321 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

RedSeb321
    Linked
    Cool stuff!

10. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Maybe it is a better idea to make a different server inside Castia, like mini-games? This new towny server doesn't really make sense :/
    It does only cost Naskel more money to rent another server, with its nether, end and resource world

#10 GJR_2003, Apr 24, 2018
  11. im_damien

im_damien Member

Edit: I feel obligated to mention that following discussions with the community and due to Naskel's decision to remove the controversial items from the donor store, my opinion on this subject has evolved, I don't think the management of this server is driven by money, and I'm excited for the new dimension

To me there's a problem when the only discernible reason for something being changed is to bring in more money. Why the third server? There doesn't appear to be a need to spread the population out anymore... so is this just a glaringly blatant money-grab move slipped in with the announcement of a bug fix? That's what it looks like from the outside looking in, especially when you consider the p2w crates as well.

#11 im_damien, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  12. Melowyny

Melowyny New Member

I am so excited about global ignore. You don't even know.

RedSeb321 likes this.
  13. bunstop

bunstop Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_Bunstop_
    Linked
    I'm coming back when the demonic dimension is out :D No way I'm gonna miss that

widewoods likes this.
  14. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Can't wait for the new server! And really liking the chat update. Good work naskel and others :)

15. PandemicLegion

Why would you not wait to open a 3rd server when the Aquatic update drops and focus on it being more of a water world?

16. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    I am really hyped about PaySafeCards being a new payment method, And what comes to crates and meridium, they are not that P2W. Tbh they are bad compared to what you could get from legendary essenes or events. Crates are just an illusion. The list of them is just multiplied version of the treasure ones. Chat update is absolutely awesome!

schottler3 likes this.
  17. Nebulous

Nebulous New Member

Super happy to see the server growing so fast. Happy about the new chat update, and I cannot wait to see what the new server has to offer.

18. SuperTheKing

SuperTheKing Active Member
    Emperor

SuperTheKing
    Linked
    Terrific update, im excited to see the demonic dimension!

19. SuperTheKing

SuperTheKing Active Member
    Emperor

SuperTheKing
    Linked
    Ya know what, I really agree with you, minecraft is set to release an aquatic update. I'm not sure why they didn't think of that and to be fair, an island fairing server would be much cooler in my opinion. I totally agree with you!

Collector1164 likes this.
  20. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Keep in mind Castia won't be upgrading to 1.13 for quite a long time (Naskel has said many times). It's a very large job, and it requires 1.13 to be out for a substantial amount of time. Not to mention new minecraft versions come with lots of bugs that would like to be avoided initially.

schottler3 likes this.