Some Irrelevant Forum Post

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeffyboyy, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Jeffyboyy

Jeffyboyy Active Member

Nah.

#1 Jeffyboyy, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. puyu

puyu Well-Known Member

A full-blown cartel. I like it.

Jeffyboyy likes this.
  3. CelestialVortex

CelestialVortex Active Member

While this plan sounds feasible... I don't think it will work, and it again comes down to greed. On the classic dimension their used to be a blacksmith guild, functioning similarly to your idea... however it only takes one person to screw up the entire system (as happened in our case). We had one/two players who decided amongst their level to raise the prices of ore... It doesn't matter if they don't make a profit because the competition propels them to raise it anyway, (with an attitude of I'll lower it later). The top 5 blacksmiths at the time (including me) knew that they where going into dept to keep that price. What usually happens with these markets is the price continues to rise and eventually implodes... (as its no longer maintainable) resulting in it dropping drastically. In the case of ore going from like 2300 a stack to 1000... and now when I visit the classic dimension you can see it slowly begin to rise again. Its just a wheel that continues to spin, and its very hard to stop. You may feel (as I did) that you can just crush the competition with a higher price but often players will raise it anyway. (AND IT SUCKS) You can see this with One_More_Crab, and while you may have convinced him, players with a similar mindset will carry out what he started. Note: I agree 100% with what your trying to do, its just I've seen it attempted before a couple times and it didn't work... :/

Ps. Good luck with your idea, I really hope that people understand the benefits of a plan like this :)

Jeffyboyy likes this.
  4. Jeffyboyy

Jeffyboyy Active Member

Looks like it's already ruined.. lol. Greedy people - I'm telling ya.

upload_2017-8-20_23-57-53.png

5. japanimator

japanimator Well-Known Member
    Content Team

If it makes you feel better I try to support new Cooks whenever I can, I've just been focusing on level 75 Farmer on Classic atm since I'm at level 73. I'll probably hop on Greek more once I hit it.

6. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead New Member

ty for basically getting me to level 50.

japanimator likes this.
  7. Klock

Klock Member

Minecraft account: NoSkillRequired
    This is why I left cook and farmer. Builder economy is more stable :p

8. PizzaDwight

PizzaDwight New Member

Till someone break it

9. Noodles

Noodles New Member

I agree with Jeff's opinion. Idk if we'd actually be able to make it happen but, it's not a bad idea. As a farmer, I've seen crazy prices for haybales. I used to sell them 1500 per stack now people are buying 2k per stack. If we evened out the prices it would be easier for cooks to make money, instead of having a competition for the highest price.
    Although idk how we'd make it happen.. It is the players shops, they can buy items for however much they want, and I doubt a "rule" will be made about it or anything like that, but you can try to talk to the other cooks buying hay bales, maybe ask them to lower the price.. which I also doubt they will do but, you can try to

10. Niko302

Niko302 Member

It will all go back to normal. People leave or get to lvl 75 should take some time and it will go back down.

11. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead New Member

I feel like I'm part of the problem at 2200, but I'm at least going to lower it to 2100 and see if I get the same business
    if not I may still get the same profit anyways

12. japanimator

japanimator Well-Known Member
    Content Team

Just a heads up to Greek folks that I've now started farming over there ;)

Kayebie likes this.