Should lumberjack job be buffed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coolerjam, Dec 5, 2018.

1. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    Hello i would like to make a discussion about lumberjack job.As quick glance at the /j info of lumberjack and digger,you can tell that lumberjacks make as twice as much as diggers.But in reality,we all know that Diggers make alot more than Lumberjacks due to their sand/glass selling.
    "We can't just boost jobs randomly due to players's feelings" "provide me the exact amount of numbers/maths" "How much % should i boost the job? 5%,10%,50%..." "We aiming for 260k an hour of lv 75 of every jobs without boosters" - i quoted Naskel
    So i am here needing your opinions about this. Firstly i will go with the buff choice:
    1.Jobs earnings: I would like to ask diggers and lumberjacks to comment on here what levels are they,how much do they make exactly in one hour of grinding in /j earnings (One hour of working non stop is preferred since i know people do grind jobs but in that one hour,they may have some chat and do other minor stuffs).
    2.Produces: Then please tell us how many produces do you made in that one hour? (Ex: How many logs can Lumberjacks get in one hour,how many stack of sand can diggers get.)
    3.How much and how frequently can you sell your produces? (Ex: Glasses are usually go for around 10-12k per inventory - 2304 in normal time in Medieval.I don't know much about logs price so if you can,please let me know). This is the most crucial point because in Medieval,i can see 3 auctions of an inventory of glasses a day at the price of 12k but for logs,it takes more than a week for someone to auct an inventory of logs and worse,i saw an auction of an inventory of logs went without a winner even thought they were free!
    After receiving your datas,i will make a full database about the 2 jobs and then we can discuss of how much % should lumberjack be buffed.
    One small note: there is not even a single lv 75 lumberjack in Medieval and there are only 2 in Atlantis :D. So besides all the incomes and profits,the job should be buffed in order for more people to join it otherwise,the "all jobs are balanced" claim is a completely fall.If all jobs are balanced then explain why there are 15 lv 75 hunters but not a single lumberjack.
    Second option is no need to buff lumberjack. You're welcomed to give opinions on no buff too.Please let us know why do you think no need for a buff.

I'm currently lv 75 alchemist and 69 cook,i have done many testings of one hour grinding - no chat.no talk,grind one hour straight and i can make average 350k an hour with alchemist by brewing with only golden apples, which is above the target of 260k an hour since golden apples are hard to get - make sense right? While for cook,i can only make ~250k an hour with cooking potatoes and crafting breads - i have 45 furnaces and i think it's a decent amount of furnaces cooks should have.Without crafting breads,i only make about 50k.You may notice that i c an make the same amount of 350k when i level my cook to lv 75 but here is the case,i have macro for cook and as i said "only golden apples".So yeah people without macro will have a hard time for cook job and not to mention if i use other ingredients like sulphurs,dragon breaths,my income of alchemist will go to 500k an hour! Easy 250k compared to 350k of hard working because i can afk with cook while alchemist don't

#1 coolerjam, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    7grims likes this.
  2. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    Terrible sorry for multiple editing!The post is fully completed now

3. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Staff
    Staff Member Helper

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Wait, is there a 2nd person lvl 75? :eek:
    Didnt know that.
    I'd personally agree lumberjack needs a buff

4. PInkFloyd

PInkFloyd Active Member

Yeah, lumberjack seems like such a fun job, not to mention it would finally make 2/3 of the resource world useful. It’s also so sad when someone joins and says “what job should I join” they of course get the response of “whatever you like best!” And then they say lumberjack and get a big disappointment

reddevil22 likes this.
  5. JackJanson

JackJanson New Member

Well the way I look at jobs, is supply and demand, How much an I supply and what sort of demand is there.

I don't even know what type of demand is out there for Logs... on any server.

I always see Lumberjack as an early game occupation

6. BlackBriarMead

BlackBriarMead Well-Known Member

as far as alchemist goes, I would like to say I don't know how crafting water bottles, putting them in the stands, and taking them our affects the earnings rate - since I do things in bulk I really don't know what the average earnings for alchemist is in the long run

7. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    It's been a week and still no one comment. RIP

8. TheStrongestOne

TheStrongestOne New Member

I'm going to work up some numbers but I haven't had the time yet

coolerjam likes this.
  9. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    Thanks! I'm really looking forward to you!

10. Lyvaella

Lyvaella New Member

I will do the test for you soon. I think it's great to see someone trying to help balance the system. At the same time, my attitude towards jobs is different. I grind a job in real life so I refuse to grind one in a game. I simply play Minecraft and take jobs that fit what I enjoy, resource gathering. If I make money while I'm doing what I would be doing anyway, awesome sauce. However, I know a lot of players are focused on making money and working jobs. I don't rely on jobs to make money. If sand/glass is in demand and getting good pay, I sell it. If someone needs terracotta, I sell it. I agree with the comment earlier about supply and demand. My biggest frustration is not that the jobs are unbalanced. It is that the market fluctuates too drastically. If I were to change something, it would be to have a default shop players can sell to all the time. Make the prices lower than average so players are encouraged to sell to other players first, but have it as an option so new players can sell that stupid sugar cane they have by the bundles. Just my personal opinion, nothing more.

11. TheStrongestOne

Results
    I've done 2 hours of woodcutting to get an average number, though results would have been better if I had done it for more hours.
    Started at 16:40 (Server Time) and ended at 18:40 (Server Time)

The Setup:
    I decided to continue chopping down the jungle biome I have access to instead of a tree farm. Tree farm would have been more efficient, since natural terrain takes much more time to navigate than a tree farm.
    I set a home at the edge of a pack of trees, and place down storage chests.

Chests are Empty.
    MCMMO
    Woodcutting level is at 400 (26.67% for double log drops)
    Lumberjack Job
    at lv 35 at approx. 0 XP (according to /jobsgui : 2.50$/1.97xp)

Gear:
    [​IMG]
    My Trusty Diamond Axe: Betsy 2.0. I also have the Haste 2 Buff active from the Miner Job.
    Honorable mention to Feather Falling gear, in case something goes wrong.

Method:
    Cut down smaller trees from the ground, pillar with cut logs if needed.
    For the 2x2 jungle trees, I climb them manually and cut them from above.
    MCMMO Woodcutting grants the ability Leaf Blower, allowing me to quickly remove leaves (which does affect the durability usage of the axe).
    Activate Tree Feller whenever it's possible. Unfortunately it almost never works because the jungle trees are too connected, making them too large for Tree Feller to actually work.

Results:

- 6327 Jungle Logs
    - 206 Oak Logs
    - 30 Apples
    - 128 Cocoa Beans
    - Jungle Saplings and Oak Saplings (3 Stacks / 3 Stacks)
    - 10,102.00 $
    -
    8227 Job XP
    - 15 MCMMO Woodcutting Levels

Was this the most efficient way for me to do this?
    Absolutely not. If I had access to /top, from the Builder Job, I would have made much more.
    And even then, Jungle Biomes are arguably the most annoying terrains to navigate.
    Around the 80 minutes mark, I also had to spend 5 minutes at the /t spawn farm Cave Spider XP farm to fully repair my axe.

Suggestions I have:
    While I don't want to give a suggestion concerning the XP and money rate, as to be honest I haven't been on the server long enough to know how much the money is actually worth my time, I do have another suggestion.
    All the servers are slowly but surely updating to 1.13. Update Aquatic.
    This update added a recipe that renders one Lumberjack Perk obsolete. The Level 50 Perk of being able to Silk Touch 6-sided bark logs is useless in 1.13, since there is a recipe for 6-sided logs added in that update.
    My suggestion? LETS MAKE A NEW PERK TO REPLACE IT HECK YEAH!
    What about this?
    [​IMG]
    Lets give our dear Lumberjacks their own Custom Recipe!
    I suggest we replace the ''Silk Touch 6-sided Bark'' with the ability to use charcoal to craft coal blocks!
    This will put charcoal on the same level of usability as Coal, giving Lumberjacks the option to process their wood into a product they can sell.

I hope this has been useful for you, @coolerjam :p

coolerjam likes this.
  12. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    TheStrongestOne likes this.
  13. coolerjam

coolerjam Active Member
    Emperor

coolerjam
    Linked
    And i just got informations from a friend of @reddevil22,she's a lv 75 digger
    She got 122,410$ in /j earnings,7.5 dub chests of sand and 330,525$ from selling Wither Skulls,Ghast Tears and stuffs

TheStrongestOne likes this.
  14. TheStrongestOne

I think I forgot to mention that using Tree Feller doesn't give you Job XP and Money for the entire tree, but for the first log you cut instead. I believe this also has effect on the xp and money rates