Pumpkin Trail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T8RTL3_Gaming, Oct 29, 2018.

1. T8RTL3_Gaming

T8RTL3_Gaming Active Member

There needs to be some sort of way to toggle the pumpkin trail enchant from the Halloween event gear, or remove it all together! The pumpkin trail enchant was a great idea for the first minute or so. It affects blocks like wool, terracotta, dirt, cobble, sand, etc. When you have this many blocks that can turn into pumpkins, podzol, and brown concrete powder It can become very annoying. And when you have this many blocks that change into the trail, and you have to right click all the blocks or re-log to get it back to normal, It becomes a huge hassle. Here are a few pictures of what my base looked like before and after the trail.

Before
    upload_2018-10-28_19-1-46.png

After
    upload_2018-10-28_19-1-59.png

#1 T8RTL3_Gaming, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  2. 7grims

7grims New Member

Fully agree, trying to build things and then looking back and only seeing a mess, unsure if the jobs done or not.
    Give us a way to toggle this off staff.

EDIT:
    Its even worse then I previously though, we can see other players trail also, that makes it even worse.

#2 7grims, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Woolfeh, BaZz_DrOp and T8RTL3_Gaming like this.
  3. KingYoutube

KingYoutube Active Member
    Emperor

KingYoutube
    Linked
    If you're building just take it off? Not like this is factions.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  4. T8RTL3_Gaming

It depends what you are doing king, I was mining out an area for my underground farm and I had to use that pick. The entire ground was mostly podzol, pumpkins, and concrete powder. You should have to not wear gear because you don't like an effect either.

andy_stealth likes this.
  5. 7grims

7grims New Member

No, because, the boots have feather falling, wich is very usefull when ur building tall projects and accidentally fall.
    And even then, no, just the trouble/patience of taking gear on and off, just because I want to build...

BaZz_DrOp and andy_stealth like this.
  6. Tantabus

Tantabus New Member

I think the trails aren't able to be toggled because if they were, they'd almost immediately devalue equivalent Castian items.

Its a tradeoff you have to be willing to accept. Thats why I'm only going for items where the trail won't bother me.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  7. T8RTL3_Gaming

Well I am saying there should be a command or something where the player can toggle it, not the enchant be disabled or removed. That way both parties win.

7grims and BaZz_DrOp like this.
  8. Tantabus

Tantabus New Member

As I said, if you were to remove the ONE thing that makes them different compared to normal Castian tier items, you'd immediately crash the market for Castians. As it stands, those who take the time to craft Castian essence won't have to deal with an annoying trail. Those who're able to ignore it will get high tier items for far less.

Honestly, I think the event items are TOO good compared to their Castian counterparts. The market is going to be filled with players selling/using these items due to how good they are. There almost isn't a reason to go for Castians if you get enough of these event items.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  9. T8RTL3_Gaming

The previous event items such as the summer and Christmas event items were also extremely good and even offered bonuses for specific jobs, and neither of which had annoying trails.

7grims and BaZz_DrOp like this.
  10. Rofii

Rofii Member

So this works on Atlantis? That's weird because all my donor cosmetics are broken.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  11. Tantabus

Tantabus New Member

I've only been here for about 2 weeks now, so I could only reference the Halloween items compared to the Castian tier ones.

I imagine that the trail was added because players can grind for a few hours and have some of the best enchants in the server. I don't know what the last two events had for content, but that farmable nature of this event makes me think the trails were added to prevent people from farming these items on mass.

I don't know if the past events were as easy to farm as this one. I have to assume they weren't as easy to farm, because they aren't mentioned that often.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  12. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Manager

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Hi there. I think I have a fix for this, and will be live after tonight's restart. :)
    Note: The blocks only change visually on your screen, and they aren't actually changing on the server and your builds aren't being affected.

13. Darkion

Darkion Member

The trail works in atlantis

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  14. T8RTL3_Gaming

Thanks Vegan :D

15. 7grims

7grims New Member

I eventually put my event gear aside, that when I was told that even if u dont have any of that gear equipped, u still can see other peoples trails, that is crazy annoying.

So, thank you :D

16. Darkion

Darkion Member

So... any fixes?

17. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Manager

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Read my message above.

18. 7grims

7grims New Member

Im starting to think your above reply sounds vague "I have a fix for this" specifically what ?
    Full toggle on/off fix?
    Or just a fix about any other issue it haves ??

:/

19. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Staff
    Staff Member Helper

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Vegan told there the fix of the trails causing changing blocks (visually) would be fixed after the next restart.
    Since the restart is every day, the bug got fixed max a day after his post ;)

T8RTL3_Gaming likes this.
  20. PInkFloyd

PInkFloyd Member

Currently my trail just disappears after like 1-5 seconds and does t bother me at all

Madnesss850 likes this.