USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Nation update

MrMacor

These are some good ideas, and I also think there’s a lot more room for improvement when it comes to nations. I think there should be a rank higher than assistant, maybe that could actually withdraw money from the nation bank. It would help people like me who manage nations for long periods of time while our ruler is gone.

TawnyFrogmouth

Emperor
IMO nations need to be improved, here’s how I think they can be improved

- /n spawn, nation spawn can be set with /n set spawn
- /n claim, nation claims based on total nation residents, 2 per player perhaps?
- /n war, nation ban a nations towns from your /n spawn or /n claims
- The /n gui should be on par with the /t gui.
The proposed nation spawn functionality already exists: As of about a year ago, you can set a nation spawn with exactly the command you propose, /n set spawn, and players can access it with /n spawn. The nation spawn can be accessed more or less by everyone except for residents of enemy nations. From the official Towny Web site:

Nations can also have a spawn reached using /nation spawn which if the nation is considered 'Public' can be reached by nearly any non-enemy players. The nation spawn can be restricted to the capital in the config.yml at global_nation_settings.capital_spawn otherwise the spawn point can be anywhere in the nation.​

It's not nearly the same behavior as what's suggested, but the existing custom /townyban command can be used by a mayor (and maybe senators? I don't recall) to physically ban a particular player from a particular town.

Classicalad

Staff
Staff member
Manager
The proposed nation spawn functionality already exists: As of about a year ago, you can set a nation spawn with exactly the command you propose, /n set spawn, and players can access it with /n spawn. The nation spawn can be accessed more or less by everyone except for residents of enemy nations. From the official Towny Web site:

Nations can also have a spawn reached using /nation spawn which if the nation is considered 'Public' can be reached by nearly any non-enemy players. The nation spawn can be restricted to the capital in the config.yml at global_nation_settings.capital_spawn otherwise the spawn point can be anywhere in the nation.​

It's not nearly the same behavior as what's suggested, but the existing custom /townyban command can be used by a mayor (and maybe senators? I don't recall) to physically ban a particular player from a particular town.
Seems as though everyone in my nation - even nation assistants don't currently have permissions to do /n spawn.

TawnyFrogmouth

Emperor
Seems as though everyone in my nation - even nation assistants don't currently have permissions to do /n spawn.
Some permissions must be oddly configured then, as I can use the command---/n spawn vanguard teleports me to somewhere in Rapture.

Edit This command doesn't appear to work for most players. I've reported it privately to content as a bug.

Last edited: