Moving on

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Naskel, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Naskel

Naskel Retired
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Hello everyone

I've been dreading this announcement for a while but it's time.
    Some of you might know that I recently graduated from university and about a month ago I also moved into a new apartment. I'm currently applying for jobs to work full time which means I will have very little time for Castia.

Castia has grown into a very big network that's high maintenance and with my little amount of time available, I would only be able to fix a very small part of the total amount bugs and no new features. Not only is that my least favourite activity but it would also not be fair to you as players.
    I often have to dedicate my evenings, nights and weekends to the server which is not ideal and not something I can continue with my adult life knocking on the door.

I'm extremely humbled when I look what Castia has become. Back in May 2016 when it all began, the goal was a nice chill community with a steady 30-40 players. This dream goal was quickly exceeded in less than a month and we have been growing ever since. We have had over 250,000 unique player joins which absolutely insane.
    The amount of time and energy you guys have put into the community is just amazing. I'm very proud to say that I was part of making Castia. I'm forever thankful to the amazing staff and content team who have poured hundreds of hours into improving and sustaining this community.

However, this is where the journey ends for me. I am stepping down from my position as owner of Castia and will be handing over the title and responsibility to a good friend, Atlas

Atlas is a great guy with over 6 years of experience of managing minecraft servers. I have no doubt in mind that Castia can reach even greater heights with him behind the wheel. I know he has already been in contact with the staff and content team to squish out all the remaining 1.13 and other misc. bugs on the servers.
    I will also be sticking around, although mostly in the background, advising Atlas and helping him to ensure a smooth transition.
    I might also pop into Discord Voice Chat every now and then. Feel free to add me on Discord, Naskel#0294 if you want to keep in touch.

If you have any questions about this change, just comment below and me or Atlas will answer.

Thank you for everything,
    Naskel

2. Flesh_

Flesh_ New Member

We'll miss you Naskel, thank you for creating Castia and bringing years and years of joy to tens of thousands of people across the globe. Without Castia, I'd still be twiddling my thumbs, looking for a different towny server that isn't even half as good as Castia has been. We really do appreciate your transparency with this and we'll all miss you, buddy.

Naskel likes this.
  3. Chibideadpool

Chibideadpool Active Member

farewell old friend.

Madeyemann likes this.
  4. kingcap

kingcap Member

Take it easy Naskel, and I hope your life works out how you wish it to.

5. FadedPolaroid

FadedPolaroid Active Member

Thank you for the time you gave us with you. You made a wonderful server and have given a lot of people a kind place to escape to. Best of luck with wherever you may go next ^^

6. Ellassi

Ellassi Staff
    Staff Member Helper

I think I can safely assume that saying this I'll be speaking on behalf of the community:
    We'll miss you, Naskel. Thank you for dedicatiing so much time to the server and nourishing it till it grew into something beautiful. We appreciate the countless hours you dedicated to fixing everything on the server, making the server into what it is today would be impossible without your dedication and love.
    Good luck in your life and hope to see you around. <3

Naskel, Thedarksid3r and Renie50 like this.
  7. mixiiiiii

mixiiiiii Active Member
    Emperor

mixirawr
    Linked
    best of luck dude, we'll all miss ya

8. TheStrongestOne

TheStrongestOne
    Good luck out there, Owner dude.

[​IMG]

Rofii likes this.
  9. Chip1st

Chip1st Member

Good Luck

10. Wolfhound1

Wolfhound1 Staff
    Staff Member Manager

Wolfhound1
    Linked
    Thanks for being the best owner I've known.

11. Sherwin21

Sherwin21 Member

<3 <3 Congrats on graduating and goodluck to everything!!

12. Jianowo

Jianowo Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Jianowo
    Linked
    Thank you so much for everything you've done for us, Naskel. Best of luck moving forward!

13. Thedarksid3r

Thedarksid3r Member

Thank you for everything you have done kind sir and good luck with your new adventures out there ^-^/ I will be forever grateful for the lovely server and community you helped create. Sincerely, Thedarksid3r <3

Renie50 likes this.
  14. SpikeyHunter

SpikeyHunter Active Member
    Adventurer

SpikeyHunter
    Linked
    You will be missed Nask ❤️ Thanks for your amazing work and for making Castia what it's now!

15. _TheOrangeJuice_

_TheOrangeJuice_ Well-Known Member
    Emperor

Naskel, as I've already told you, thank you for everything. I wish you good luck in your future endeavours! I believe we'll all miss you! Without you, Castia would not exist.

Moving forward, I welcome Atlas to the server! I'm looking forward to see how Castia would evolve under your leadership!

Renie50 likes this.
  16. ShadyRaptor

ShadyRaptor Staff
    Content Team

ShadyRaptor
    Linked
    Thank you for being a great owner Naskel and good luck with everything in the future!

17. UnknownIndex

UnknownIndex Well-Known Member
    Hero

Evocious
    Linked
    We love you so much Naskel. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

18. PotatoQueenCoco

Staff Member Admin

PotatoQueenCoco
    Linked
    Thank you for being an amazing owner and providing such a great server for people to play on/enjoy. I'm glad I had the chance to work alongside you and I'm sure Atlas will be a great owner as well.

Thedarksid3r and Renie50 like this.
  19. digdogbone

digdogbone Member

digdogbone
    Linked
    Best of luck, Naskel! Just wanna say thank you for all the hard work and dedication that you've put into the server to make it such a wonderful place. Be sure to pop in and say hey sometime if you ever get the chance!

Renie50 likes this.
  20. hesMine

hesMine New Member

Understandable. Even though Just joined and spoke once to you. From what I’ve seen I think you’ve done an amazing job and I fully respect that. Good luck to you in the future dude!