It's finally here - Cosmetics & Job Perks

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Naskel, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Linked
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone

This is an update with a little bit of everything, including some long sought after perk we had to remove a while ago due to bugs.

Cosmetics
    They are finally back! We believe to have resolved all the bugs we experienced last time we had cosmetics so we have re-added them to the premium ranks, along with a few new particles and other fun stuff.
    You can use them by doing /cosmetic and pick the ones you want to use. Keep in mind that they're only for the premium ranks at the moment.

Job Perks
    The last few perks have been decided and added to the server! All jobs now have at least 1 perk for level 25, 50 and 75. We have also changed a few of the existing job perks.

Lumberjack have gotten two new perks. For level 50, Lumberjacks can now climb all logs just like a ladder! For level 75, Lumberjacks will now be completely immune to fall damage.

Hunter have had their /near perk replaced with /absorption which gives you 2 gold hearts which refresh every 60 seconds. With that, /near have been added to Journeyman/Warrior.

Similarly, the level 25 perk for Miner /nightvision have been replaced by /haste which gives you a permanent haste II effect. /Nightvision have been added to Master/Manticore.

Farmer also have a level 75 perk now. Automatic replanting no longer requires any seeds. This will likely affect payouts for the better but we have decided not to change the numbers preemptively but will monitor the situation closely.

Jobs Rebalance
    We have given Lumberjack a complete overhaul. Along with the new perks, we have disabled payouts from Treefeller but in turn, increased the payouts by over 50% overall. Using high efficiency tools and optimized farms for regular tree chopping, you will now be able to hit the target payout similar to other jobs.
    Lumberjacks also get paid for chopping down the custom trees on greek now.

We also discovered that sugarcane for Farmer have been poorly balanced, after extensive testing with different farming layouts we have rebalanced the payout to hit the target payout, resulting in a 35% reduction in payout.

Added concrete to builder payouts, they give similar payout as stone.

Hunter now have a whole arena just for killing dragons. It's basically a customized end dimension, specifically for killing dragons. You can go there using /warp dragon

A couple of months ago, we introduced global boosts for jobs. They've been available in the store and I'll admit it's been greatly used. However it has also had an player economic effect on the server, highly favoring certain jobs/actions over others. I believe the player economy is extremely important and for that, I have decided to remove global boosts from the store. Any existing boosts already on the server will still be usable.

Custom Enchantments
    We have added all the custom enchantments and appropriate Castian tier items to Greek. All the custom enchants can be seen at /enchants. Additionally we have added a new castian item to both servers,
    [​IMG]

All of the changes can be found here

#1 Naskel, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Classicalad, KPD, Woolfeh and 11 others like this.
  2. Gimmie053

Gimmie053 Member

Nightvision b r o k e

I like this update, though.

#2 Gimmie053, Mar 4, 2018
  3. TawnyFrogmouth

TawnyFrogmouth Well-Known Member
    Emperor

TawnyFrogmouth
    Linked
    SQUID MILK

Paging @Obsidian__Golem.

Madeyemann, crayy_, Yuikonna and 3 others like this.
  4. bunstop

bunstop Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_Bunstop_
    Linked
    Cosmetics are back!!!!!(add 1 million !'s)!

5. CloudyBonBon

CloudyBonBon Well-Known Member
    Emperor

CloudyBonBon
    Linked
    COSMETICSSSS!

6. Sqrack

Sqrack Well-Known Member
    Hero

Sqrack
    Linked
    Ahah, beautiful. It's been so long since I've seen these available.

Good job staff team.

7. PotatoQueenCoco

Staff Member Admin

PotatoQueenCoco
    Linked
    You can still obtain night vision by getting the in game rank Master (on Classic) or Manticore (On Greek).

Gimmie053 likes this.
  8. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Linked
    I forgot to mention another change we made.

A couple of months ago, we introduced global boosts for jobs. They've been available in the store and I'll admit it's been greatly used. However it has also had an player economic effect on the server, highly favoring certain jobs/actions over others. I believe the player economy is extremely important and for that, I have decided to remove global boosts from the store. Any existing boosts already on the server will still be usable.

9. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    I love this! -> Now Ill have to buy more castians at greek rip me, I only needes 5 more for all lol.
    Are all the castians just edited, and went that automaticly? Like for the custom enchants, are they put on new castians or on the older ones

#9 GJR_2003, Mar 4, 2018
  10. BenjiiKuhn

BenjiiKuhn Well-Known Member
    Emperor

BenjiiKuhn
    Linked
    Good question GJR

11. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Same way as classic i believe. When you open an essence you can obtain a castian with the enchant. Like the smaragdine set, or the preserverant set, etc.

They aren't enchants that can be added to other castians. They are fixed castians :)

12. BenjiiKuhn

BenjiiKuhn Well-Known Member
    Emperor

BenjiiKuhn
    Linked
    I believe what GJR meant by his questions is, with the addition of custom enchants on Greek, are there new castians to go with the enchants or were they applied to existing Greek castians

GJR_2003 likes this.
  13. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    Thank you Staff and Content team for this wonderful update! Although players are complaining of the withdrawl of the job boosts, I believe it should help balance jobs, and the economy.

Thanks everyone,
    MadEye

PotatoQueenCoco and ShadyRaptor like this.
  14. Nathan Kirton

Nathan Kirton New Member

Thanks so much looking forward to a lvl 75 farmer :) I'm sad about the farmer sugarcane nerf, but it seems fare.

Good job guys!

15. EchoJX

EchoJX Member

16. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Linked
    All new Castians. Basically we ported over the same items from classic which has the custom enchantments. For example, the draconic set which is perfect for dragon fighting now exists on Greek. So basically Greek just had around 30 new Castians added

PotatoQueenCoco likes this.
  17. TheOrangeOrange

TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

Sad I couldn't live to see this day :(

18. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked
    I'm a level 75 farmer and the new perk doesn't seem to work well with McMMO? My crops should grow in stage 4 but with the perk, they start at stage 1. I hope it get fixed soon :/

EDIT 1: I suggest that you guys let the (new) replanted crops just start at stage 4 since farmers should have reached 1500+ herbalism before they reach level 75 farmer.

EDIT 2: It doesn't work 100% like the current autoreplant plugin (It's like the 100% herbalism autoreplant?) . Now this makes us susceptible to temp bans since I farm wheat @ /t spawn farm. (Still trying to do some tests and observations with this one)

#18 Brayn, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  19. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Well-Known Member
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    Cool :D

Less cool is that I need many more castians to complete my castian collection rip xD

20. TheOrangeOrange

TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

You were almost there :(
    Then you had to start over xD
    Just curious, how's your collection going?