Important Poll

Pineapple on Pizza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jianowo

Powolice!
Staff member
Admin
The issue for all of you who've voted no; You've simply never had a GOOD pineapple pizza.

The quality of pineapple depends on the growing conditions - make sure you're getting fresh pineapple from a trusted local farmer's market, the qualities of tomatoes used for the pizza sauce as well as Canadian Bacon (basically ham). Go for the highest quality ingredients and then judge >.>

MadMikael

Emperor
While I would expect a Hawaiian to know what good pineapple is, I'm offended that you'd call Canadian Bacon as "basically ham".
That's just as much as calling regular bacon "basically ham", or as calling steak the same as ground beef.
Perhaps you've never had real Canadian Bacon... :cool:

PInkFloyd

The olive part of my signature is sincere but the pineapple part is not, that level of sweet does not go with the pizza level of savory and/or salty, not to mention the grainy texture of the pineapple with the soft texture of the pizza is horrible.

Block_ha

The olive part of my signature is sincere but the pineapple part is not, that level of sweet does not go with the pizza level of savory and/or salty, not to mention the grainy texture of the pineapple with the soft texture of the pizza is horrible.
pineapple is not supposed to be grainy, you've been served bad pineapple
probably preserved from a jar and the sugar is responsible for that grainy texture and sweetness.

PInkFloyd

pineapple is not supposed to be grainy, you've been served bad pineapple
probably preserved from a jar and the sugar is responsible for that grainy texture and sweetness.
It was actually fresh, the way pineapples are structured is multiple fibers from a central core inside, these fibers give pineapple a grainy or fibrous texture, thus my point the texture of something such as that does not go with the soft texture of pizza.

PInkFloyd

Ok let’s settle this with logic, cheese:soft bread:soft tomato sauce:soft ok so all the base pizza ingredients are soft, and I think we can agree savory, now for toppings, ham:soft pepperoni:soft olives (yeah I said it) soft, peppers:soft, so most traditional topping are soft as well as savory or salty, how pineapple is fibrous, almost crunchy with a sweet taste, ladies and gentlemen, why would pineapple be the only outlier here? I say it was an excuse to make an invention and brainwash the people to like something as atrocious as this, this, ladies and gentlemen, settles it.

TheHeroOf_Legend

If you think pineapple is too sweet to be on pizza, then you haven't actually had it, it mellows out once it's done cooking.
I would know, my job is making pizzas/strombolis.