GUI is helpful, but really annoying

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MadMikael, Dec 21, 2018.

1. MadMikael

MadMikael Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadMikael
    Linked
    I took a break... now I find that every time I use /server, /rtp, or /resource, I'm presented with a gui asking me where I would like to go.

I do applaud this addition. I'm sure it has already greatly lessened the issues with new players in the wrong worlds, and help them learn the difference. And you can rtp in the nether now? Nice, though I've not tried it.

However, for those who've been playing long enough, this is a real pain.
    I typed /resource, and you're asking me what world I want to go to? Seriously?

If I am correct, the gui is intended for newer players.
    If this is true, then perhaps a gui toggle available at a higher in-game rank could be feasible?

For example, after you /rankup a certain amount of times, you get access to a command /guitoggle, which allows you to use /server, /rtp, and /resource as you once could - a simple command, no gui involved. If I typed /resource, I go to the resource world, no gui. And I could switch to demonic by simply typing /server demonic.

Perhaps, this could have an additional bonus?
    When we were talking in game chat, those who use those chat apps like minechat or pickaxechat (I don't use them), were saying they couldn't switch servers.... perhaps this could fix this as well?

I've no idea if this is possible as I describe above, but perhaps a workaround could be new commands that unlock as I describe, but work like the old commands did.

I hope this idea is considered, thanks for reading.

2. Woolfeh

Woolfeh Well-Known Member

Honestly this is the only problem I have with the gui, it's especially important if you're going away for more than 2 weeks and want to keep renting your shop. Not only are you restricted to staying (and renting) on 1 server, but there could be a server restart or some other issue which could put you in lobby and therefore you'll be stuck.

aredninja16 likes this.
  3. _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

_PandorasBox_
    Linked
    100% agree with this, most players don't go from newbie to mid ranks quickly, unless they already know what they're doing and have actually read everything, so it being a mid-tier rank perk would be great

aredninja16 likes this.
  4. JackofAllLegos

JackofAllLegos New Member

it is really annoying, on pickaxe chat i'm just stuck in lobby and can't get onto classic