Greek 1.13 Relaunch Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Naskel, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Naskel

Naskel Owner of CastiaMC
    Staff Member Owner

Naskel
    Linked
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone

A few weeks ago, Minecraft version 1.13 was released and today I'm excited to announce that one of our towny servers will be updating to 1.13 very soon.

What does a relaunch mean?
    The 1.13 relaunch is a full greek server update to Minecraft version 1.13.
    Greek will be renamed to Atlantis which will also add a few new Castian items, such as Castian Tridents and new armor sets.
    Additionally some of the rankup names and spawn will be modified to fit the new name, Atlantis, and celebrate the new 1.13 update!
    Only the resource world will be reset for the 1.13 Update.
    Greek will be update to Atlantis on August 25th

Personally I'm very excited to be exploring the new deep oceans filled with corals, dolphins and turtles. It's an exciting new, fresh start and I hope to see all of you on there!

//Naskel

#1 Naskel, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. Quuin

Quuin Member
    Emperor

Quuin
    Linked
    Well well well what do you know to everyone who dident believe it here it is

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  3. TheRedHippo

TheRedHippo Active Member

You're joking...
    Deleting everyone's progress... people have worked very hard on Greek to make it what it is today, many people have spent days, months working on it to perfect their builds and advance.
    And now to have it all wiped away?

Even their money? What you get from the crates should be with you forever unless you willing let go of it... it's really just a steal.

Naskel, this is very unfair and I hope you can reconsider this...
    Maybe release 1.13 on another server? A new one?

You also said that progress won't be wiped for 1.13.
    I'm sorry, but to hear this is outraging..

4. Nonne1990

Nonne1990 New Member

So we need to keep up new server every 1-2 ,months :D even if its hidden behind a relaunch... but what did u allways said "greek is fine"

Thx for the punch in my face...me working my ass off to get to zeus and now this.

REALLY BIG THX

just a question why dont reset all the server?

Ahch_To, EbeeGirl, BaZz_DrOp and 2 others like this.
  5. mixiiiiii

mixiiiiii Active Member
    Emperor

mixirawr
    Linked
    im sorry, but this is crazy. shouldnt we be allowed to take pics of our ranks/bal/jobs and get them back? like what nonne said, ppl have worked too hard to get to where they are now.

Ahch_To, EbeeGirl, Bsiege. and 3 others like this.
  6. Quuin

Quuin Member
    Emperor

Quuin
    Linked
    Nope sorry your hard work doesn't matter apparently

7. TheRedHippo

TheRedHippo Active Member

Seriously, I believe this is a big mistake. He said that he was making Greek popular again, but he isn't, he's replacing it.

Ahch_To and BaZz_DrOp like this.
  8. Cybinary

Cybinary Member

Update: Thank you Naskel for listening to our concerns with your reset announcement and changing your mind.

{Your kidding me? I just spent a full month grinding the summer event for job boosts for Greek and now there gonna be taken away?? I agree with all the above peeps in that this is VERY unfair.

Also all our progress on our jobs are going to be wiped out as well? If this is how you continue to plan to run your server Naskal then I’m afraid I will be leaving and finding another one that doesn’t throw away the time and money I have put into playing on it.

We should be able to keep our job ranks and a small inventory of stuff like event items.}

#8 Cybinary, Aug 11, 2018
  9. Jakobrigtrup

Jakobrigtrup Member

Jakobrigtrup
    Even though I am a Classic player only, I cannot express how disappointing a decision this is.
    I am aware that Greek wasn't popular at all compared to classic, but by doing this, Greek won't be fixed, it will be replaced, as many others have stated both here and on Discord.

This is not at all a fair solution. People have literally been working for months on that server, and in exchange they get 14 days to save their builds using Schematica. After that, poof. Gone forever. The specific builds will be safely sitting in a Minecraft single player file, correct, but all of the hours spent will have no to little use on Castia.

Yes, the Update Aquatic brings some cool features, but is waiting a couple months that bad of an idea?

Besides, this makes me thinking, what is going to happen to the other Towny servers? As far as I can understand, staff hasn't exactly been clear about the future of Greek - rumours were spread, and soon after, people were told that "Continuing to talk about this will land you with a discord ban. So for the last time, enough" (Quote, Wolfhound on Discord).

I am not an old player on Castia, but I am fairly sure that people were promised that no resets, relaunches or anything similar would happen on Castia.
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but that promise has been broken.

//Jakob

EDIT: Plans have been changed, and only the resource world will be reset. That is, in my opinion, a much better idea. Thanks to the staff team for making that decision.

#9 Jakobrigtrup, Aug 11, 2018
  10. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked
    I don't play as much anymore but this update is DISASTROUS. It is very unfair to players who play on Greek. You've been telling people that the servers will never "reset" and here you are.. if this was your plan all along then you should've waited a little bit longer before releasing Demonic...

EbeeGirl, BaZz_DrOp and TheRedHippo like this.
  11. CaptainXafius

CaptainXafius Active Member

This is INSANE. So much work wasted. I can't even begin to describe how much my employees and I have worked even over the past two weeks on projects in Greek.

I have 4 employees that cannot be paid now due to this change. Will Castia reimburse my hard-working employees? Will my items that I BOUGHT with real-world currency that are stored in chests be returned to me with the new server?

EDIT: Thank you for changing your mind.

#11 CaptainXafius, Aug 11, 2018
    BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  12. TheBomberman1999

TheBomberman1999 New Member

Naskel, it's not 1st April you know.

13. TawnyFrogmouth

TawnyFrogmouth Well-Known Member
    Emperor

TawnyFrogmouth
    Linked
    I'm writing as someone that mains Classic and only occasional plays Greek.

Resetting the main world of Greek (not to mention player balances, ig ranks, and statistics) is categorically unacceptable. Players have been promised, repeatedly, that the servers would never be reset. In response, they have have collectively invested tens of thousands of hours---not to mention given tens of thousands of dollars to the server---only for that promise---and all of their work and time and communities and ig purchases---to be discarded as soon as it's convenient.

The guarantee that the server won't reset has long been one of the primary reasons I play on Castia. That promise is now apparently worthless, which forces me to reevaluate whether it's worth my time to play here. I am certain that many other players are reevaluating their time on the server similarly.

Edit The original post has now been updated; the main world (and player balances, ingame ranks, etc.) will now not be reset. I'd like to express my gratitude (shared by many other players, I'm sure) to the staff and especially to Naskel for listening to and acting upon player feedback about this situation. In my experience, not all servers have such receptive management.

#13 TawnyFrogmouth, Aug 11, 2018
  14. Soulessdeath

Soulessdeath New Member

Is no one reading the post, it states that only the resource world of Greek will be reset.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  15. mountvalleys

mountvalleys New Member

mountvalleys
    Soulsdeath, the post has been edited... It did tell simething else first.

BaZz_DrOp and TheBomberman1999 like this.
  16. testman12345

testman12345 New Member

The only chance at potentially reviving greek was instead tossed aside because some players cling onto the disastrous past, Kind of dissapointing.

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  17. PyxelatedGaming

PyxelatedGaming Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

PyxelatedGaming
    Linked
    :0 SO EXCITED!!

BaZz_DrOp likes this.
  18. Quuin

Quuin Member
    Emperor

Quuin
    Linked
    Logan Paul will win on august 25th #logang

19. MaximusXtreme

MaximusXtreme Member
    Emperor

MaximusXtreme
    Linked
    Even if they went through with the initial plan it wouldn't have fixed anything. Demonic playerbase already took a heavy blow with the skyblock release. Completely resetting greek would've put demonic in the position greek has been in for a while now.

BaZz_DrOp and Madeyemann like this.
  20. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    I'm a little late---But, I still have a lot to say. I'm also a player that mainly plays Classic, but once in a while plays Greek.

1). From what I understand, the original post was saying that the whole server would be reset. It's extremely sad that this was even in consideration. Even if it was changed, it still has me worry, what happens if Classic dies down, and, there is a debate whether or not to reset the server, because it isn't hitting the numbers. I'm debating whether to just fully move to Skyblock. Thousands of hours would be wasted if Classic was reset, after being consistently told that the main world would not be reset. It would be a true devastation.

2). I'm glad that after the backlash, Naskel and administration has decided to rollback this idea, as it's fully necessary. I'm glad that we have an administration that listens to players, and that is something that is so very unique to Castia.

3). By no means is this acceptable again, I hope that we can be promised that this will never happen, and if not, that would be truly sad.

Thanks for listening to players, and the community once again, Naskel and administration,

MadEye

#20 Madeyemann, Aug 11, 2018