USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Gender-Specific IG Rankups (Classic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblyroo2

Before I start this post, I want to address that I know it has been mentioned on the forums before, but those posts are quite old and I didn't want to end up necro-ing a post from 2017.

The suggestion I wanted to make, may be difficult to implement, and I 100% acknowledge this, but it would be nice. I propose Classic have a /ranks system that included either a feminine version of the titles such as "Lord" and "Duke", or something that would be inclusive.

The server, and minecraft in general, has developed it's target audience, and is taking on more and more players of different genders, and for those who identify with female terminology, I believe it would be a nice gesture and a good addition to the server. The community was built on being open-minded and inclusive, so I feel as if the ranks should be too. This has already been shown in the progress from greek, where the titles were made to be both male and female, to demonic where most (if not all) were gender neutral.

Obviously it's not a game-breaking issue, and people will continue to play the server regardless, I just believe that if possible, it would be something nice to have the option to decide, rather than being labelled as male by default.

Thank you for reading this,
Bubbles~

_PandorasBox_

Sentinel
Personally I see this as a waste of time for staff, as they'd need to, you know, have it set up to where you would be able to pick it. I think just changing the names of the current ranks to something more gender neutral would be easier, tgougt I haven't seen anyone say anything about the rank names

EtheralRose

Emperor
I think just either leaving them or making them gender neutral would be a lot less hassle, I like the idea as a whole but I think it'd be too much of a stretch and too much work considering the reward is just a temporary tag until the next rankup

bubblyroo2

Pretty sure there's more of a need and demand for feminine ranks than the ranks relating to graph paper and Apache helicopters, but sure, if you want to try to convince Naskel to do that for just one person, go for it

Kittenpounce

I like Bubblyroo's suggestion.

I'd really love to have to have the feminine version of the ranks. It's not going to make or break me playing, it's just a nice anesthetic option.

I do understand that there are several different options to choose from when identifying yourself, so it may not be feasible at all. Which is why there's the generic version.

And as today's society, if you look at the matriarchy the ranks are based off of (loosely); women fill the roles of "Baron" and "Lord" as well.

Just my two cents.

Thank you.

TawnyFrogmouth

Emperor
This feature is requested periodically, and I actually suggested it in this forum myself nearly two years ago, in part because it would obviously be more inclusive, which in turn better fits Castia's community values: In regular English usage, both historically and today, many ig ranks (e.g., duke) categorically only apply to men but, of course, a large part of our playerbase are not men. (All that said, in my view there are many other proposed changes that are higher priority.)

Status
Not open for further replies.