Expand the Market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheAngriestBrit, Jun 10, 2019.

?

Would you support the main part of this thread, to having the Market expanded? (comment thoughts)

This poll will close on Jul 10, 2019 at 1:39 PM.
  1. Yes - I think expanding the player market is a good idea.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No - I feel the market is fine the size it is.

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. TheAngriestBrit

TheAngriestBrit New Member

Heyo all,

After my talk with Wolf about the perpetuity around not adding /ah to the Towny worlds, I would like to suggest that the player market is doubled/tripled in size, and rents to get them are lowered slightly. This would allow more players from opposite time zones to sell to a large player base than they may be able to during their playable hours. Also from what I've seen, nearly all if not all the shops are rented at all times so it's hard to get yourself a spot in the market. Which gives those who already have it a /st find advantage over anyone else wanting to sell their items.

P.S - Possibly add a different style to the other market sections, maybe a sewer market which would be found in a sewer like location under the current market roads - as an idea but not the main point of my suggestion.

Thank you for reading!

2. Ngete

Ngete Active Member

We wouldnt need 2-3 times more cause well thats becoming an insane amount more shops and its already difficult to remember the shop numbers of a large amount of people, and there is a large diverse market already and the shops are cheap enough people that are super new to the server are easily able to take up a shop for 2 weeks and leave the server, i feel possibly a dozen or 2 more shops, i do like the sewer idea tho, have some elevators at the intersections in he current market to a sort of sewer with pockets of shops

3. GJR_2003

GJR_2003 Stay breathing
    Emperor

GJR_2003
    Linked
    This has been suggested multiple times before, for example here, and already done before.
    I'm not 100% sure, but if the market world should be expanded, it may cause quite a lot of lag.

Personally, Id say the market on Medieval is already big.

4. TheAngriestBrit

Thanks for the feedback man! :D

5. TheAngriestBrit

Ah I didn't know it had already happened before. I just know when I've previously looked for a shop to rent, there hasn't been any but good to know. Thank you for the feedback! :D

GJR_2003 likes this.
  6. ItzKomplicated

ItzKomplicated Active Member

In theory this idea is great and would probably benefit the community is some ways. However, it just seems impractical and a little overkill. I like the idea of giving more availability to players in different time zones. However, as you may know, markets can be created at Town Spawns and you can easily get the word out on discord or through Trade Chat. Also there is no need to lower market rent. In complete honesty, 1000 a day (max market price) is barely anything to a decently successful player who runs a successful market. Great idea though! :)

7. UltraHush

UltraHush Member

Maybe there should be a separate shop area like the already existing /warp market, but adding a new place called /warp sewermarket or /warp market2. The extra market world can have its own set of markets. Market2 could have a copy-pasted map, but that's still excusable for the extra market room for players. And if it's decided as the sewer markets, you could have a whole new sewers map, where it takes place in a number of oversized pipelines, but mostly looks and branches out the same way as the market we have right now.

8. ItzKomplicated

ItzKomplicated Active Member

Great idea and it would probably work, however towny markets are extremely competitive with people trying to buy and sell for the best prices on the server. Creating extra markets for new players/players who will play on the server for a week then quit seems unnecessary and would likely not make much sense. I feel like adding more markets would eliminate some of that competition which would take the fun out of the market for those who have waited patiently to claim their markets and who are competing to build up their economical "empire".

9. Ngete

Ngete Active Member

Yea apparently it was originally like 30-50 shops total, rn its like 120 shops