Exp Buckets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Miguelify, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

I understand some of you are triggered by the concept of Exp Buckets (not mentioning any names). However, this concept is ideal for the economy, as well as beneficial for player storage of exp. This also allows them to keep and use it for later purposes and attempting to grasp the correct enchantments for individual tools. This inaugural step can also lead to further additions such as an enchanter job.

My suggestion is to keep 2 different types of exp buckets, a lesser, and greater, varying in proportion. To balance this, a bit of exp will be consumed in order to 'fill' the bucket with exp.

-Miguelify :)

2. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member

How much is a ‘bit’ because I can easily get 100 levels of experience within an hour.

3. PotatoQueenCoco

Staff Member Mod

Hello there, I'm just giving ya my opinion on the matter. This perk (Exp bottling) is an alchemist job perk. Making it accessible to everyone will remove the importance of the alchemist perk itself. And like Madeye said, players can get too much xp within a short period of time, especially hunters.

4. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

In all honesty, I'm unsure, that's why I would've just left it to the dev's to create it in such a manner to be balanced for all aspects of the server.

5. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

Perhaps, as opposed to removing the existence of the alchemist, it could be altered in such a way that somehow integrates these exp buckets, it could be given as a job perk at level 50 or something?

6. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Well-Known Member

You mean exactly as it is right now?

RedSeb321 likes this.
  7. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

Yeah, but I guess more accessibility to a wider range of storing more exp.

8. DrTyttex

I dont really think that is necessary. Since bottles are stackable, you can store as many of exp as you like and just hold stacks of exp bottles. I dont think there is a reason of working on a new system for that while the current system is working just fine, unless there's a level 50 alchemist here who wants to claim otherwise.

RedSeb321 likes this.
  9. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

That's true, but then again, I don't think anyone wants to go around stacking thousands of bottles because they're like level 200+

10. DrTyttex

At this point I kinda thinking why would you need 200 lvls of exp in bottles. If players can reach lvl 200 that easily, then this whole feature isnt really that important.

11. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

When you die, you lose exp.

Edit: As well as allowing people to trade varying levels of exp with ease.

12. DrTyttex

There's actually a rank which when you get it, you dont. Assuming that at least some of the players who have 200 levels of exp gained this rank, and the rest could use the already implemented feature of exp bottling. I still dont see why is it necessary to create a whole new feature for that, while the current one is just fine. Exp has a pretty small role on the server, hence why you can achieve 200 levels of it, which is why I dont think its really worth the effort.

bunstop likes this.
  13. Miguelify

Miguelify New Member

It isn't necessarily a 'whole' new feature, it's more of an add-on to what pre-exists of the exp potions, and Earl is quite a while away for a lot of the players. Sprouting from this minimal factor of this server, as you refer it as, it could lead to growth in the economy for the many uses of exp for players. If anything it's beneficial, and not a waste of effort.

14. DrTyttex

Im going to make it my last reply since I think Ive made my point and further discussing about it isnt going to lead to anywhere. Even with an add-on, this will still require work, unless you have a plugin for it to suggest. As for the impact of exp, exp is pretty common on the server. You can get it from vote crates, mob grinders (which arent very rare themselves) and more. You're right that not everyone has an earl rank, and perhaps I forgot how hard is it to get to it, yet I dont think gaining exp is hard on the server. Exp could be useful for certain things, but honestly, with the mythic drops plugin it really minimizes the possible ways of using exp. And just in case you still want to store exp, there's the alchemist feature. Perhaps getting to earl rank isnt easy, but leveling up to level 50 alchemist will take you some time. If we look at the range of players who can use this feature, those are the players between level 50 alchemist to earl rank. Im not sure what are the exact number of this range, but I can assume that its not that high. Because of that, I dont think it requires developing a new feature, or an addon as you say, while there's an already working feature. I think Ive made my point about this, so Im going to stop now. Hope seeing you with more suggestions :)

15. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Well-Known Member
    Content Team

Considering how XP is not actually that important in castia, and it's really only used for renaming items, or enchanting some vanilla items to re-sell, I don't think it's really an issue.

Alchemists do have the ability as others have said, so if it's important that is a job for a player who really wants it. But when it comes to most players, it's just really not that useful to warrant devaluing of the alchemist job.

This is my opinion. Just keep in mind, others may disagree with me. Also I really appreciate your suggestion though either way, and keep 'em coming!

Miguelify and GJR_2003 like this.
  16. Woolfeh

Woolfeh Well-Known Member

Speaking as an alchemist myself I wouldn't want to devalue the job perk, but also as mentioned before that exp is not really that valuable considering the many exp grinders available on castia. However I really do hope that the ability to /trade exp is brought back sometime as it's very hard for me to sustain selling exp bottles with my own exp (I'm not really a dedicated hunter atm :)) I previously used to buy around 100 levels of exp for around 10k usually from hunters/earls who never really needed it, in turn it was beneficial to everyone as I could distibute exp to those who needed it (aka people using mending, renaming etc).

17. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Well-Known Member
    Content Team

We do have the ability to create a trading system for XP without using the /trade plugin, which i believe is never coming back (Thank god).
    But i think XP being kept to alchemists with /bottle is good as is.

18. RedSeb321

RedSeb321 Well-Known Member

Minecraft account: RedSeb321
    I agree...