Easter Event, Tinkerer & Policies!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ReadWriteExecute, Mar 23, 2018.

1. ReadWriteExecute

ReadWriteExecute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hello everyone,

Over the past few weeks, our content & staff team have been working hard to produce an update out for you all, this includes some new policies that are to be introduced to our server along with the egg-citing Easter Event!

Easter Event
    The Easter Event has arrived! Sail on over to Easter Island and help its citizens with their rabbit problem!
    Head on over to it by using /easter, and see if you can catch the golden rabbit!

How to get started!
    Speak to Roger Moai in the southernmost hut of the island, and he will ask you to catch rabbits for him with empty cages. Grab the empty cages under his house, and click the rabbits with them in your hand!

Event Duration: 2 Weeks (Ending 4th April)

Tinker
    The tinker has been fully reworked which now uses vanilla experience instead of diamonds for upgrading dust, which now requires less dust to upgrade name essences for the lower tiers. Salvaging castians and creating castian dusts & essences now make dramatic sounds and particles. Mythic Elytras and shears can now be salvaged also!

New policy for outside-the-server trading
    Many players have asked questions and offered comments, here in the forums, on the server, and in private messages, about the rules for trading in-game goods for money, goods, and services outside the server. After listening to player feedback and evaluating the situation, effective immediately we're instituting new rules governing such exchanges. From now on:

*Players may not use server-controlled communication channels to offer exchanges involving money, goods, and services outside the server.*

Here, "server-controlled communication channels" includes all in-game chat channels, the server forums, and the server's Discord channels. The primary motivation for this new policy is that, unlike in-game trades, in trades involving money, goods, or services outside the server staff are unable to ensure that the player trading those things fulfills their end of the agreement, as staff don't have access to player bank account or PayPal statements or the like. Allowing such trades would thus leave open the possibility of unscrupulous players using the server's community spaces to defraud others, which is entirely contrary to the community's friendly culture. Like violations of other rules, breaking this rule will incur escalating punishments.

The language "outside the server", on the other hand, means that players *are* allowed to use server-controlled communication channels to offer in-game money for purchases from the server store: Unlike in trades, for example, for i.r.l. money, server staff can verify directly whether a store purchase has been made.

Some examples:
    Under the new rule, the following messages are not allowed in any server-controlled channel:
    • "Selling ig money, $100k for 1 USD."
    • "Buying Frostbite Hoe for 30 USD, pm me."
    • "Paying $500k to anyone that makes me a new skin."
    The following message is (still) allowed:
    • "Paying $400k for a Lachymal Bow, pm me."
    • "Willing to pay anyone ig money to upgrade me to Legend rank, price negotiable."
    • "Trading $250k on Classic for the same amount on Greek."
    Other additions:
    • The ship inside of the dragon arena has been replaced with a new one, due to the enderdragon getting stuck.
    • /hat command has been added to the rank hero and above.
    • Join & leave messages have been disabled for normal users and now only display staff & donator ranks.
    • Added [2] Shulker Shells to the Treasure Crates
    • Forum banners no longer stack and will display your highest priority rank.
    • Automated server restarts have now been implemented to classic & greek
    • Auctions now display price per item and price per stack when hovering over the start price in the initial auction message.

Happy Easter,
    Lewis & CastiaMC Team!

#1 ReadWriteExecute, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    Looks like a cool update.
    I may have to hop on and play for a bit to check it out.

RedSeb321 and chewyspedoodle like this.
  3. OverclockedGamer

OverclockedGamer Well-Known Member
    Hero

OverclockedGamer
    Linked
    Oh, my, God... Here come the easter puns again...

TawnyFrogmouth and Madeyemann like this.
  4. CloudyBonBon

CloudyBonBon Well-Known Member
    Emperor

CloudyBonBon
    Linked
    Rip my hopes and dreams, And only job :(

SpikeyHunter likes this.
  5. crayy_

crayy_ Well-Known Member
    Hero

crayy_
    Linked
    Super excited for this update! Finally an update where I'll be able to join and participate. Glad to see the server implementing automatic restarts, definitely will help with server lag and such.

About time. I was surprised when I heard Castia had allowed this sort of IRL trade but I'm glad to see the staff team take whatever measures are required for the security of their players.

Thanks for the update!

6. SpikeyHunter

SpikeyHunter Staff
    Content Team

SpikeyHunter
    Linked

LOL 500k for a skin ! Thanks for this amazing update, I love it :) Also auto-restarts for servers will be very usefull.

I hope i'll catch a golden rabbit :)

Ofilos likes this.
  7. Scotsman

Scotsman Active Member
    Legend

FlyingScotsman1
    Linked
    New policy for outside-the-server trading<----

is it any wonder so many people are leaving the server....

including me.

SpikeyHunter and Madeyemann like this.
  8. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    Sad to say, but I’m in the same boat, Scot...

SpikeyHunter likes this.
  9. MjOp

MjOp New Member
    Adventurer

LilMj
    Linked
    Looks great! im enjoying it so far!

10. CanadianBeef

CanadianBeef Well-Known Member
    Emperor

BeefBones
    Linked
    Hats and auto restarts? This is amazing.

11. CanadianBeef

Emperor

BeefBones
    Linked
    Just a comment on the people complaining about the policy.. Have you ever lost money due to scams? It's a really horrible feeling, especially when there's nothing you can do about it.
    Castia is looking out for its community and just a side note, it's against Minecraft's terms of service to sell in game items, soo yeah.. If you want to make money, go get a job.

12. _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_PandorasBox_
    Linked
    Can't sell skins? That's bull.

13. CanadianBeef

Emperor

BeefBones
    Linked
    I think the reason why they are considering skins for money to be problematic is because there have been cases where the customer doesn't like the end content and then it becomes an issue for staff.
    I think the whole point of this is, Castia does not want to have any ties with trades outside of minecraft. I don't see how that is unreasonable.
    An easy solution to this would be promoting a tumblr/deviantArt/instagram etc and on your page saying prices. That way the player sees the person's skill level, style and prices all at once, making it more secure in the end for both of the players.
    Also, direct messages are permitted, the only loss for skin creators would be not being able to advertise on Castia, but if you're already known to have good content then that is the best advertisement imo.
    When it comes to art, customers come to you.

14. BaldTurtle

BaldTurtle Member

If I'm reading this right, selling in game money is still allowed. However you're not allowed to advertise/discuss it on the server, forums or discord?

15. _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_PandorasBox_
    Linked
    Can /glow PLEASE be disabled in the event area? Some players' screens go black with it if someone has it on and they turn in their direction, and for a lot of the cases, there's literally nothing that can be done about it, as it's an issue with the graphics card and not something all players can afford to get fixed. And most people refuse to turn it off when asked nicely, so you can't play it if you have this issue, unless barely anyone is on / in it that is actually kind enough not to use it / don't have it in the first place.

widewoods likes this.
  16. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked

• I just wanna know, what's the point of this?

17. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Mod

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    Caused quite a lot of chat spam

GJR_2003 likes this.
  18. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked
    Then shouldn't it be just toggleable (like the timed broadcaster thing) instead of it just showing only staffs and donators? It doesn't make sense. Some players would find the entrance and leave messages useful.

#18 Brayn, Mar 23, 2018
    TawnyFrogmouth and widewoods like this.
  19. KayebiiKuhn

KayebiiKuhn Well-Known Member
    Emperor

KayebiiKuhn
    Linked
    Yeah, I would love to hear someone clarify this too...
    But nonetheless, great update!!

#19 KayebiiKuhn, Mar 23, 2018
  20. Brayn

Brayn Well-Known Member
    Hero

Brayn
    Linked
    Yeah, so do I. But my friends and I have asked staffs and their answers are different from each other. I feel like they should just edit this post or smth? We need a clarification from the higher staffs.