[Discord] Add a ‘vc’ text channel!

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedHippo

Many people don’t have microphones or are just unwilling to use their voice- for whatever reason.
By adding a text channel named vc (or other, it’s just that it stands for voice channel) will allow them to communicate by not flooding General chat.
Many other discord servers have this feature and it is very useful.

SrDuckington

Emperor
This would be a great idea. However considering that there are 5 public voice chat channels, there will be a chance that the text channel will be messy and confusing with people possibly typing for the person in another channel.

Then again, the voice chats in the Castia discord aren't really being used that much, so I say it depends on the situation.

TheRedHippo

This would be a great idea. However considering that there are 5 public voice chat channels, there will be a chance that the text channel will be messy and confusing with people possibly typing for the person in another channel.

Then again, the voice chats in the Castia discord aren't really being used that much, so I say it depends on the situation.
Most of the time only one voice chat is filled- and it would be easy to say who you are talking to by using @
And when more than one is filled it’s fairly easy to tell whether or not they are in your voice chat

Last edited:

GJR_2003

Stay breathing
Emperor
I don't think it is neccesary. You can just pm someone private, or quickly make your own discord group.

ItzMjTheNerd

Emperor
Technically this is already a thing, just not 'Directly Labeled.'

As the others said, you could do it yourself with a DM/GroupDM/Small Server and type there. And, if its a crowded voice chat, you could use #off-topic (If you're not the only one that's talking in the channel, I believe, Correct me if I'm wrong, Staff)

Tbh a Voice-Text channel would just be another mass-muted channel by the majority of the members.

TheRedHippo

Technically this is already a thing, just not 'Directly Labeled.'
As the others said, you could do it yourself with a DM/GroupDM/Small Server and type there. And, if its a crowded voice chat, you could use #off-topic (If you're not the only one that's talking in the channel, I believe, Correct me if I'm wrong, Staff)

Tbh a Voice-Text channel would just be another mass-muted channel by the majority of the members.
I see where you’re going and I sort of agree. But people leaving/joining would be annoying as you would have to keep adding people.
It would be ignored- but you’d think people actually in voice chat would check through it occasionally.

In short conversations it’s kind of pointless and a waste of time to go through the processes of making another chat like those you’ve listed.
Why have to make it over and over and not just have it ready to go?

ItzMjTheNerd

Emperor
I see where you’re going and I sort of agree. But people leaving/joining would be annoying as you would have to keep adding people.
It would be ignored- but you’d think people actually in voice chat would check through it occasionally.

In short conversations it’s kind of pointless and a waste of time to go through the processes of making another chat like those you’ve listed.
Why have to make it over and over and not just have it ready to go?
Here's where my #off-topic thing comes in (That I'm not sure is allowed with staff, but I don't see any reason for it not to be, since it is #off-topic), if you have a group of people in your voicechat and they also type in #off-topic, you should be fine.

TheRedHippo

Here's where my #off-topic thing comes in (That I'm not sure is allowed with staff, but I don't see any reason for it not to be, since it is #off-topic), if you have a group of people in your voicechat and they also type in #off-topic, you should be fine.
Fair enough. I was think that it would fill it up with the amount of voice chat we have. But you’ve made a good point.
Just trying to give ideas!

Naskel

Retired
I think this is a good idea. I can definitely see it being confusing to use off-topic or whatever to keep a conversation with those in voice chat. I've added a text-to-voice channel down at the voice channels.
My only concern if there are multiple text-to-voice chats going on at once in that same channel so I could possibly add more if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.