Demonic bugs still impacting play

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 3kDCRingo, Dec 9, 2018.

1. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

What is your IGN?:
    3kDCRingo

What server is this glitch/bug occurring?:
    Demonic

What would you like to report?:
    • Auto-replant still not working for Level 25+ farmers (Major issue)
    • Double ore drops not working for MCMMO bonus-eligible players with 100% double drop chance (Major issue)
    • Some ores not dropping anything at all when mined (I have 100% double and mines five diamond ore blocks with a silk touch and only got four ores total - Major issue)
    • Wither skeles and blazes no longer spawning at all in various Nether farms (visit the /t spawn hell nether darkroom - Annoyance, but not Major issue)
    • Mob spawn rates in darkrooms located under oceans have fallen to near nothing (visit /t spawn tormented and go to darkroom - Annoyance but not Major issue)
    • Voting does not work. Votes register on the other three servers, but not on Demonic. (Major issue)
    • Underwater visibility with NV on has been reduced by about half. NV still works, and the view is clear, but the distance that NV provides lighting is about half, maybe less. (Minor issue)

How can we replicate this glitch/bug?:
    I personally experienced all of these issues in regular gameplay. All of them are rather self explanatory in regards to replication. Other players of different jobs are reporting similar MCMMO issues with their jobs, but I have not replicated their issues.

Additional comments:
    MCMMO itself may not be providing the boosts people have earned on any job, but I cannot confirm this. The voting/farming bugs are having a significant impact on gameplay and economy.

2. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

Follow up - I can confirm that Wither Skeletons, Magma Cubes and Blazes are no longer spawning naturally.

3. Chip1st

Chip1st Member

MCMMO for alchemy dose not work

4. kingcap

kingcap Member

5. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

UPDATE:

Apparently FIXED - Double ore dropping is working now for those with the MCMMO bonus.
    Apparently FIXED - Silk touch is now working on ores/coral/special dirt/ice but still have not tested on a spawner.

Still seeing complaints about auto-replant on lvl 25 farmers but have not tested it myself.

Voting still completely broken.

Still no Wither Skeles spawning naturally. Same with Blazes.

6. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

Also, al 1.12 spawners still in inventory have been converted to pig spawners. And silking spawners is still busted. Just lost my Cave Spider spawner because of it.

7. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

I realize that no one at Castia is willing to discuss this, but I think it merits a discussion going forward. Mojang is admitting to the fact that Nether Fortresses from 1.12.2 will no longer spawn Nether mobs in 1.13 (wither skeles/blazes.) They don't have a fix and dont know of a fix. Only Nether Fortresses that are generated in unexplored areas of Demonic Nether will spawn Wither Skeles, and it is doubtful any remain un-generated.

Can anyone in the staff confirm if Castia is actually working on a solution to this? Resetting the Nether perhaps?

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-133992

P.S. they have two tickets marked Resolved, but only because those were duplicates.

8. MadMikael

MadMikael Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadMikael
    Linked
    My wither farm on Atlantis was built before the update, and still works quite well after the update.
    As for the list of bugs above, most are fixed, so I say that dictates progress is being made.
    Ranting about something in game about something you noted as a "not major" issue is not helping.
    Be patient. All three servers have bugs atm and progress is visible constantly.

9. Chip1st

Chip1st Member

i can say my wither farm i build on Demonic is not working. as for your farm madmikael that's atlantis not demonic

10. MadMikael

MadMikael Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadMikael
    Linked
    My point was that the nether does not need to be reset in order for it to work in 1.13. It would be a great shame to have to rebuild everything that was accomplished in Demonic thus far. Whatever the bug actually is, I hope it's fixed.

11. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

It's become a major issue now that it's been discovered that Mojang says there is no fix. Plus it was annoying for the first week. A month in the skull inventories are rotten and Hunter is suffering.

12. 3kDCRingo

3kDCRingo Member

TLDR; - If you want Wither Skeles and Blazes, stop waiting on a "fix" to your old farm. Ain't happ'nin'. Go out and make a new one. In fact, I can show you the real estate to do it on if you'll give me access.

FWIW, here is what I have found out - Nether Fortresses generated while the server was 1.12.2 are fundamentally different from those generated under 1.13.x. One of the fundamental differences is the bounding box of the Fortress itself. In 1.12.2, this bounding box signals to the game processor that Nether Fortress mobs should spawn. In 1.13.x, a different bounding box is used.

What does this mean? It means your Wither Skele farm you made in 1.12.2 is likely to NEVER spawn a Wither Skele or Blaze. With Atlantis, assuming Nether wasn't reset at all, there was very little exploration. Most Fortresses had never been generated. That meant this problem went unnoticed.

In Demonic, several major developments existed in 1.12.2 - Hell has probably the most notable, but there are several others. According to Mojang, these will not spawn Nether Mobs in 1.13, 1.13.1 or 1.13.2 but may in a future version of 1.13.

Today I set about trying to find out what happens when a previously un-generated Fortress is found in Demonic Nether. Just as Mojang said they would, they spawn Wither Skeles and Blazes.

The real bite: This has been known for a while. That means whatever you want it to mean.