DarkRoom Updates and Shiz.

Discussion in 'Medieval Towns' started by ScottDaWebGuy, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ScottDaWebGuy

ScottDaWebGuy Well-Known Member
    Emperor

ScottDaWebGuy
    Linked
    Hello Castia,

I am ScottDaWebGuy and the owner of /t spawn DarkRoom and I wanted to just speak my mind real quick. I have been talking about opening up player plots above the DarkRoom along with future updates including a squid farm and nether farms. Each weekend has come along and something comes up IRL and nothing happens. My weekends are only going to get crazier and crazier in IRL. My original thought was to have plots to keep up with the costs of the town upkeep, then continue building when I got the chance. However I have made the realization that my current play time is 23 days on Classic. Not only is that just a stupid amount of time but 20 of those days I have spent building DarkRooms. Many of you may not know this but the 196 chunk DarkRoom was actually the 6th DarkRoom that I had built. This being said I am getting tired of it.
    ---
    So I have made a decision today that I am going to take a much needed break from building / working on the DarkRoom. The DarkRoom currently stands as the largest DarkRoom on the Server. Though I have spoken with a few individuals that are working on other massive DarkRooms. Whether I stay at the top or not doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy the fact that I was able to help a large number of players with leveling their Hunter jobs.
    ---
    The DarkRoom will continue to be funded. But with the money I make from doing my own thing. I am gonna take a break and actually build my self a home, along with grind and try to level my self up for a change. Along with pay back a few debts from a select few various players on classic.
    ---
    Q&A

Will you have someone take over building?
    - I will not. I may choose down the road to come back, I still have plans and concepts but I want to work on them when it comes time.

---
    Only question I know I will be asked. ^^^

Until I get back at it. Happy Hunting all @ /t spawn DarkRoom

2. crayy_

crayy_ Well-Known Member
    Hero

crayy_
    Linked
    /t spawn Darkroom is one of the greatest resources in Castia's Classic world. Thanks for all the dedication and hardwork you put into it Scott! It helped me out a lot and I know that it helped tons of others as well.

3. coreyeatztacos

coreyeatztacos Well-Known Member

what do you do with the other darkrooms if this is the 6th?

4. ScottDaWebGuy

Emperor

ScottDaWebGuy
    Linked
    Well the very first DarkRoom never made it to the public status and has since been lost as it was my first home. The 2nd went public but was rather small, the third was the re-creation of the 2nd. Then both of those were torn down for farms, then the 4th one came about. and was 8 chunks with like 5 floors I think. That is partially standing but mostly torn down. The 5th DarkRoom was the 64 Chunk darkroom that is now above the 6th DarkRoom @ /t spawn DarkRoom that is 196 chunks.

5. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    Lol Its kinda messed up that as your taking a break, the only question is that can they have it.

6. ScottDaWebGuy

Emperor

ScottDaWebGuy
    Linked
    I am very confused on what your first question/statement is. The second part I can only assume you are asking to take over. The DarkRoom name I will not give up, nor will I give up the ownership. This is to ensure that it remains as public use for all.

7. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    No I meant like, Its messed up how when you are going to take a break from your 3 weeks long project, first thing someone would ask is, if you want to give up the project to someone so he could be a zero to hero. I would never to such myself

8. TheOrangeOrange

TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

A bit a late but I express my thanks to /t spawn darkroom :)

ScottDaWebGuy likes this.