USERS CURRENTLY ONLINE ON DISCORD

Become one of us today, click to join!

Castia Market Database: Instantly search EVERY shop on the market for ANY item! Updated Daily!

YoshiBMF

Introducing Castia Market Database: A web-based application to search for any item across every single shop that is on the market.
http://www.castia.store/

V1.2 Released - "/t spawn" shops are now included!

On the front-end lies a simple search feature that allows you to search for any item and returns a table of every shop that is selling/buying that item, and for what price!

On the back-end of the site lies a database that contains information on every one of the shops in the market:
  • Shop Name
    • Items
      • Item Name
        • Item Buy Price (per item)
        • Item Buy Price (per stack)
        • Item Sell Price (per item)
        • Item Sell Price (per stack)
    • Shop Owner
Features

How it was developed

How this could benefit the players, and the server

As a new player just two months ago, I imagine I am not the only one who can say my biggest frustration was finding shops that actually sold or bought the items I needed. The market is a big place, and the shop themes vary widely - sometimes it took 20 minutes of just walking around to find the item that I wanted. This app resolves this issue.

A player starting a shop for the first time may have no idea what their prices should be. Using this app, players may be much more motivated to start a shop of their own and will be able to easily set the right prices to attract customers.

It promotes lesser-known shops extremely effectively. Players may no longer have to advertise their new (or old) shops again and again in order to get customers. This could be extremely beneficial especially to newer players or people who just do not have the time to advertise their shop.

It may stabilize prices. Players selling items for way less than market-value may be inclined to raise their prices. Visa-versa, players selling items for way above market value may be inclined to lower their prices. I believe this app could be very beneficial to the economy by stabilizing prices in this way.

Notes (read before posting)

Yes, this is approved by Naskel.
Naskel said:
this is very cool and you're more than welcome to post it.
Yes, this supports all servers.

Search by ITEM ID! It's the value players put at the bottom of their trade signs. You can also do a partial search, for example searching for "iron" will bring up "iron ore", "iron block", etc.

Conclusion

I have easily spent about 40-50 hours creating this project. I hope it can be of great benefit to everybody!
For any bug reports, feedback, or ideas - please leave a reply on this forum!
Enjoy!

http://www.castia.store/

Last edited:
Fantastic Job! such a useful thing to have on the server

EDIT: Have you considered having the full database available viewing? like a tab that shows "all items" that sorts by item then by price?

Also if you wanted to add more to the site, I would recommend a price tracking tool so you can see how the price of an item has changed over time

Last edited:

YoshiBMF

Updated Database 08-09-2018 @ 12:00 AM (CDT)

Changelog:
## [1.1] - 08-09-2018
- If two or more shops are selling the same item for the same value, their order in the list is now randomized to ensure fairness.
- If a shop has two or more trade signs for the same item at a different value, only one entry is kept now (the highest price for buying, lowest for selling)

Future updates:
!! [1.2] - coming by 08-11-2018
- Adding support for "/t spawn" shops out of the market. If you want your shop added and it is not in the market, please message me.

Known bugs:
- Players who own multiple shops. I'm actually not even sure how the program handles that at the moment. It must incorrectly combine the two shops into one. I must find a fix for this before the next update as I believe most of the out-of-market shop owners also own a shop in the market as well.

Possible future updates:
- Adding more search features, for example being able to type "castian dust" instead of "Sulphur#fc"

YoshiBMF

Enter % as search string....
Interesting. I may actually keep this as a feature so players can see the entire database.

Updated Database 08-10-2018 @ 12:10 AM (CDT)

Changelog:
## [1.1.2] - 08-10-2018
- Completely changed the code to assign trade signs to shops by their location, and not by player names. This is crucial to players who own several shops, and to players who have trade signs in a shop somebody else owns. This currently is only in affect for Classic.
- Fixed a bug where a store would be listed twice for the same item.

Future updates:
!! [1.2] - coming by 08-11-2018
- Adding support for "/t spawn" shops out of the market. If you want your shop added and it is not in the market, please message me.
- Implementing the changes mentioned above into Demonic and Greek servers.

Possible future updates:
- Adding more search features, for example being able to type "castian dust" instead of "Sulphur#fc"

YoshiBMF

V1.2 Released - "/t spawn" shops are now included!

Updated Database 08-11-2018 @ 09:31 PM (Server Time)

Changelog:
## [1.2] - 08-11-2018
- "/t spawn" shops now included.

- Completely changed the code to assign trade signs to shops by their location, and not by player names. This is crucial to players who own several shops, and to players who have trade signs in a shop somebody else owns. This now affects all servers.
- Fixed a bug where a store would be listed twice for the same item.

Current "/t spawn" shops included are:
Classic:
/t spawn infinity
/t spawn eBay
/t spawn whiterun

Demonic:
/t spawn Flame
/t spawn angelfall

Greek:
/t spawn nonne
/t spawn CrossAndBabelino
/t spawn ebay
/t spawn center

If you want yours added, please message me!

Possible future updates:
- Showing real-time search queries (anonymously) on the site from all users so people can see what people are currently looking to buy/sell!

YoshiBMF

Updated Database 08-13-2018 @ 12:50 AM (Server Time)

Future updates:

!! [1.2.1] coming by 08-14-2018
- Adding a "shop" search feature - if you search "shop#" it results in will return all of the items being sold in the shop.
(for now, you can actually type % which shows the entire database, and use ctrl+f and search that way.)

Possible future updates:
- Showing real-time search queries (anonymously) on the site from all users so people can see what people are currently looking to buy/sell!

aredninja16

Free Spwite Cwanbwrry for everyone!
Emperor
i think the fact you have to manually update it isnt the greatest

But its probably necessary as he might not be able to attach this to the server directly. Since it does update using a mod, many other players could install the mod thus allowing the data to be checked and updated more frequently and cover a larger area that just one player could cover

Chester123569

i think the main reason the mod isn't public is that they take the data to a folder and he imports it into the website also i think that if it scans an unsupported town or something it would break

franckie20

upload_2018-12-12_11-0-36.png

Seems like he has not been with us for quit some time now. Seeing as this application required @YoshiBMF to physically visit all the shops, this application was never going to withstand in the long run.

I would gladly look into another solution, server-side (extension on top of the ChestShop plugin) in order to always provide actual data on sales. Maybe I can have a quick chat/chat with @Naskel, or members of the content team?

Last edited: