Aqua, the underwater town

Discussion in 'Medieval Towns' started by Pirilao, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Pirilao

Pirilao Well-Known Member

View attachment 2020

Hia guys,

This is something I have been working on for a week and a bit, and enough progress has been made to start recruiting anyone interested.
    Aqua is a town I have made in a sort of preparation for the upcoming aquatic update. I also have really wanted to try this for a while now.

So far I have made a small farm and a lighthouse for a town hall. A nearby temple has also been raided and fully drained to make a guardian farm for residents. I am looking into making more residential areas and some have been completed. I am also adding on some ships and upgrading the dock for the island.

I am looking for suggestions of new projects for the town and anyone interested to come help build this up!

The Island from above:
    TFA2.png

TFA.png

Town Farm:
    2018-03-13_00.05.39.png

Week 2 of the town:

Hia guys quick update on how the project is coming along.
    This week we have built new accomodation and had some new people come join the town, shout out to Clarifity and Pyronze who heard about it through this thread. I have also constructed a new biodome to house animals and generally look awesome. We are looking into greatly expanding the number of smaller buildings in town and make room for people to come join the project.
    Some things we have in the works are a new boat for travellers to give them a chance and better housing for you citizens and up. ;)

Any suggestions for the town let me know. I have heard great things so far!

Residential Area:
    Residnetial.png

Biodome:
    dome.png idome1.png idome2.png

Week 3 of the town:

Week three of the town and things are moving pretty well down here where it's Wetter :D
    We have had a few new residents into town and will always welcome more! Shout out to Clarifity and xxRoxyxx who have been a great help. We had a slower week due to the easter event being on but in the mean time we have a new building that will become our new market/desert biome. We also have some things going on underneath. Due to the large area of the town we are making an underground railway to make it easier to get around between our different sections.

Market Building:
    New building.png NB2.png
    IMarket1.png

Week 4 of the town:

Week four! We have had the one month anniversary of our town! Woo!
    As always the town is ever expanding, we have had the first leg of our rail system implemented with the second on it's way. We have found that we needed to greatly expand our residential areas and we have started work on our second residential area. Future projects going on in town: An alchemical tower, more residential buildings and an art gallery to showcase pieces of map art and unique collectables. This gallery is gonna Kill my wallet :confused: so any donations to the project would be welcome, and full credit will be given to all artists and where to get copies. New images above.

Week 5 of the town:

Welcome to Aqua weekly updates week 5, things keep ramping up down here where it's wetter due to the inclusion of several new members and some slight expansion I am now pleased to say that Aqua is now twinned with two new towns starting very close by they are Magma and Aerius a fire town and sky town respectively. Once they are up and running we will be founding a new nation founded on the belief that towny plots are a curse to creativity and awesome looking towns I will post some pics of their places later. In the town we are have also finished making our new art gallery and it is now under interior renovations opening soon. Our rail way has expanded to our guardian farm for ease of access and we we have also started out a small dark room for our residents to hunt in. Unfortunately there are some players who have become inactive and I will be commemorating them in our new Mausoleum, a testimony to the ones we have lost.

So that's our weekly update stay tuned folks! (also new images will be posted in a day or so)

#1 Pirilao, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    I would suggest you make the ships cabins and underdecks houses for residents. It would just look awesome wouldnt it?

Pirilao likes this.
  3. JuumpyMC

JuumpyMC Member
    Adventurer

JuumpyMC
    Linked
    Are you planning on placing the corals and seaweed yourself because pretty sure it won't spawn naturally unless it's a new chunk? Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    Most likely yea

5. TheOrangeOrange

TheOrangeOrange Well-Known Member

Nice, good luck in your endeavors :)

6. Clarifity

Clarifity Member

Clarifity
    Simply
    amazing.

#6 Clarifity, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_Bunstop_
    Linked
    Once when I started, I tried to make an underwater base. #EpicFail. This is the opposite of my old base; it's amazing!

8. N3komancer

N3komancer Staff
    Staff Member Helper

N3komancer
    Linked
    This looks great! I have to add this too my list of towns too visit! Great job!~

9. KayebiiKuhn

KayebiiKuhn Well-Known Member
    Emperor

KayebiiKuhn
    Linked
    Town is lookin good!

10. Pirilao

Yeah I'm planning to get a bunch in resource and bring back a big haul to build some coral houses make it all look like a reef

JuumpyMC likes this.
  11. MC_Gamer Dad

MC_Gamer Dad Active Member

This looks really good.

12. TheOrangeOrange

You should also make some man made underwater ruins :)

13. Pirilao

I was actually thinking of using bone blocks to make some giant fossils or skeletons around, I'm not sure how well ruins would fit in, but if I find a place where it feels right to stick them in, then I will

14. 258max

258max New Member
    Adventurer

258max
    Linked
    This is an awesome idea! I will definitely be checking out the town sometime soon!

15. Pirilao

Week 2 update added for anyone following this thread!

16. TheOrangeOrange

17. henkjan2004

henkjan2004 Member
    Adventurer

HenkJan088
    Linked
    Wow, this looks cool

18. Pirilao

Week 3 Update is now up, thanks to our awesome town members for all your help, and any more interested in joining are welcome!

19. Pirilao

Week four! The one month anniversary of the town!

InkyFalls likes this.
  20. DragonRage199

DragonRage199 New Member

This town is amazing would definitely recommend coming to check it out!

Pirilao likes this.