1.13 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheRedHippo, Apr 16, 2018.

1. TheRedHippo

TheRedHippo Active Member

1.13 is a big update, reworking water physics and adding many new and interesting items! It also changes the world generation and adds new biomes, which arises the question;
    Will we have to reset to get these biomes?
    After all, if the block data changes enough then it may (though still unlikely) possible we will require a reset to update- else we will get missing items and corrupted chunks.

1.13 is set to be released in somewhere around July, August and September 2018.
    However, Castia will take a MUCH longer time to update. We are talking months from the due release date.
    A quote from Naskel-

"The main worlds won't be reset, however the resource world is regularly reset so it would eventually have 1.13 world generation and you would be able to get those new blocks from that.
    Just keep in mind that the 1.13 update is still a long time away from Castia. Even if Mojang released the update tomorrow, it would take months for the server software to update, our custom plugins, and so on. A lot of the early versions of the server software for a new minecraft version are usually very bugged with dupe bugs and what not."

Moving past this- lets discuss ideas, items and features for 1.13!
    What do you think will be good additions for the new update? Give us your thoughts, from job pay to new custom items!
    Maybe new custom enchants? New scrolls?

Don't be afraid to share, even if it sounds ridiculous!

#1 TheRedHippo, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Well-Known Member

There is a new tool right? So I assume new castians?

BlackBriarMead likes this.
  3. TheRedHippo

Yeah- the Trident. It'd be interesting to see how high the enchants on them can go- if exceeding the vanilla limit does anything at all.
    Maybe some new custom enchants?
    They could add some new scrolls for it.

4. DrTyttex

DrTyttex Well-Known Member

I think I saw a suggestion for adding some water breathing sets or respiration gear. I think it'd be nice with the aquatic part of the update.

BlackBriarMead likes this.
  5. mixiiiiii

mixiiiiii Member
    Emperor

mixirawr
    Linked
    Will we get spawn eggs for the fish and turtles or will they spawn in the main world? And will the new mob spawn in the main or resource?

Like from crates?

#5 mixiiiiii, Apr 16, 2018
  6. TheRedHippo

Mobs should spawn naturally, and I'm not sure on the spawn eggs. Its up to the staff whether or not they add them as a chance in crates- we will have to see!
    As for mobs spawning in main/resource, passive mobs spawn in Resource but not hostile ones.
    In main both spawn.

#6 TheRedHippo, Apr 16, 2018
  7. TheRedHippo

The Water Breathing set would be interesting to see- especially since we might not be able to get MythicDrops turtle helmets because they would have to make it so that only turtles drop them. It wouldn't make sense for a skeleton to drop turtle helmets. We will have to see, maybe the turtle helmets will become a part of MythicDrops. (Whatever the plugin is called)

Merilaux likes this.
  8. laGPH0bia

laGPH0bia Well-Known Member
    Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    I would literally start living inside a big aquarium once the update releases. I'm still wondering why the heck don't Hunters get paid for killing elderguardians, which should be changed. After a plenty of thinking, The trident is pretty shit when it comes to combat, But the riptide enchant makes it special, And another alternative to fireworks and punch bows, which I'm pretty hyped for. Phantoms should be added to hunter pay list. A custom enchant that resists specifically phantom damage would be really cool. It's sad how long it will take for the update to arrive castia.

I will retexture turtle helmet to a diving bell.

9. TheRedHippo

Yes.

But yeah- I agree with everything you say. The Riptide enchantment is interesting, it would be nice if it had levels though.

Phantom grinding could be an interesting concept for hunters, what would the best way to farm them be?

On one side you get to grind them but while you aren’t grinding you will be constantly being attacked by them if you don’t sleep. If you do sleep, you will have to wait a while before you can grind them.

#9 TheRedHippo, Apr 16, 2018
  10. laGPH0bia

Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    Sleeping is impossible in the server anyways.

11. TheRedHippo

You’re right, I’m an idiot. Maybe they will be disabled then?
    I doubt it- they drop important things for crafting but then again they could just make something else drop them.
    Or maybe they will rework the sleeping.

#11 TheRedHippo, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. Go_Vegan

Go_Vegan Staff
    Staff Member Helper

Go_Vegan
    Linked
    When it comes to new updates to castia, whenever they do come, the world won't be reset.
    When resource resets, post update, the resource world would have all the new biome/blocks.

After that, the seaweed/kelp, etc could be taken over to the main world. Castia's main world doesn't reset, even after a terrain minecraft update.
    Keep in mind that even though mojang may release 1.13 soon, Castia won't be updating for some time. It's a long process, so be patient as it's ways away. Naskel can explain that better than I can though, but this is what he has said to players. Although, you already have the quote on there it seems :).

Anyway, I'm excited for 1.13 one day. I'm mainly excited for fences and stairs and such to look good underwater, and the kelp/seaweed!!

schottler3 likes this.
  13. _PandorasBox_

_PandorasBox_ Well-Known Member
    Adventurer

_PandorasBox_
    Linked
    I just want Turtle and Dolphin eggs to be gotten from vote crates ( Since the newest snapshot does have Dolphins )

14. laGPH0bia

Sentinel

laGPH0bia
    Linked
    By some reason noone has mentioned the new wood blocks coming out, The new biome, a new mob or the ability to craft prismarine stairs.

schottler3 likes this.
  15. schottler3

schottler3 Active Member

I have not been looking forward to the update so much on my part. I like to stay in the now and be surprised when it comes out. Im sure Castia and its staff will all ajust to 1.13 over time. I'm happy to hear that the server will update at all.

16. Madeyemann

Madeyemann Well-Known Member
    Emperor

MadEyeMann
    Linked
    From crates - As they won't spawn naturally, due to the problem of the world not being reset, hence why there are no parrots in main world, etc.

I suppose, like the parrot eggs, possibly those could be removed, and we add dolphin and turtle?

Not totally surprise, there is a ton of new things being added in the new update, and the discussion was based on talking about different things added in the update - Not an update log about the update.

Shearkah and GJR_2003 like this.